Can't set my APN settings properly (Public Mobile, Canada)

Hello Teracubers,

I already posted these info on another board, but I thought it would be pertinent in this thread also. Please, forgive the redundancy.

Note that this is a possible solution aimed more specifically at Teracube 2e users.

For those using Telus/Public Mobile network in Canada, this is the workaround I used to make my data work:
- bought a second SIM card (in my case Freedom Mobile);
- installed new SIM card in my brand new Teracube phone
- go to: Setting/Network and Internet/Mobile Network
- under TELUS tab, tap Advanced/Access Point Names (last item in the list)
- tap the “Plus” (+) icon in the right hand corner next to the magnifying glass
- go to the following address and enter the respective settings:
https://www.whistleout.ca/CellPhones/Faqs/115015507048-How-do-I-configure-APN-settings-for-my-Android-on-Public-Mobile-

• make sure all settings are replicated without any typos
  • restart phone
  • connect to your data

Et voilà. You should have access to Internet through your data!
I want to thank Sharad and Mark for their precious help.

Hope this helps!

1 Like

Follow up to Lee’s nice follow up comment for Future Readers,

I also had to setup a Teracube 2 with Public Mobile, but I didn’t need another SIM card to get the data working; the other steps that Lee described are perfectly accurate though.

Take care

- Frank

Hi @franknarf8 - if you did not use a 2nd SIM, then how did you get data working?

Well, I only popped the SIM in and it worked; I had access to the add APN page with the Teracube 2 (which I did not have access too with the old Teracube).

Just popping in to +1 on the steps @Lee provided. I was in a bit of a panic, but I got Public Mobile’s data working, didn’t even have to reboot the phone! Thanks!

And reading this thread warms my heart, amazing support @Sharad and the Teracube team! Loving the phone so far! Will spread the word around, lots of my friends are curious about it!

2 Likes