[Certified] Android 11.0.1 for Teracube 2e 1st batch (SN: 2020)

Note 1 : There is the 11.0.4 update available now.
Note 2 : This update is for the 1st batch of T2e (SN:2020)

** Warning **

1. Please backup your data before proceeding.
  2. Check Known issues below before proceeding.

Here is our 2nd stable and (Google) certified Android 11 for Teracube 2e (1st batch; SN 2020). Little performance boost, battery improvement, and few bug fixes. Full list below.

Fixes from 1st build 11.0.0

• Fixed FM
  • Fixed Hotspot
  • Performance Improvements (Set up pinner, set up new power interface, CPU & GPU boosting, MTK power hint triggers in AMS)
  • Double-tap to sleep on lockscreen
  • Fix Launcher crash on double tap to sleep
  • Improve camera loadup performance
  • Fix GSI bootup (advanced users)

What works

1. Google Certified - so Google Pay, Netflix, Disney+ all work.
  2. Will work for all regions (US, Canada, UK, EU, Rest of the world)
  3. Bluetooth music and calling, NFC, WiFi, Cellular, VoLTE - all work
  4. Notification LED behavior fixed.
  5. Bluetooth range and music skipping issues should be fixed.

Known issues - What does not work yet

1. Not a bug but more of an Android 11 feature. SIM cards can’t be disabled individually for Dual SIM setups.
  2. Performance is still being tuned. You may experience some slowdowns .

Steps

1. Download the upgrade zip file directly on the phone (or transfer the zip to the phone).
  2. Goto Settings > System > Teracube Updater
  3. Click top-right 3 dots > Local update
  4. Tap “Internal storage” and browse to Downloads or wherever you transferred/downloaded the update zip file.
    Note 1 : If Internal storage does not show anything, then reboot the phone.
    Note 2 : Do not download the update to SD card.
  5. Select the file and continue the update process.
  6. It will take a while. The phone will power off and restart by itself. Don’t press power button.

Let us know how it went and post your questions/feedback here. Please keep the comments related to this update itself.

If you experience any errors/issues, you can flash SW6 (original Android 10 firmware) using these instructions.

1 Like

So far so good! At first I wasn’t able to get FM to work, but clearing the cache and data has it back up and running.

1 Like

I’m seeing the camera app crash when I try and select most modes (HDR, Panorama, Scan, Pro). Before posting, I did clear cache and storage for the app. Same issue.

But, it does start with the rear camera always.

I also see a difference in behavior from the ¹ mode and the “Picture” mode (can’t open settings, can’t switch to front facing) - not sure if that is intentional or not. I also don’t see a way to enable the wide angle camera?

I have now installed the 3rd image of Android 11 (Android 11.0.1) on my T2e. Each version has gotten better. The hangs from the previous version no longer occur. Also, the working speed of the device has become much better. It is now on par with Android 10, according to my subjective feeling.

The performance of the camera and the quality of the photos is now good for a device in this price range.
The included Camera APP has been improved in this release but is still not usable for me. There is still some development work needed here.
I currently use the APP “Open Camera” for taking pictures. You can use wide angle and zoom. As well as all manual and automatic functions of the APP.

1 Like

Just finished the install, mostly curious about battery life improvements.

I noticed that camera is not working from within Telegram, but that was already in the first version of 11. Are you aware of that issue?

Hotspot works again after the update and battery life seems to be better as well, but still far from the level of Android 10.
After the update videos in Full HD and HD can no longer be played without stuttering. Before the update, it definitely worked with Android 11.

1 Like

I also had that problem in Firefox, but after updating the app it went away. Maybe a stale cache issue?

Yes - the camera not working in telegram is known and on our list :+1:

1 Like

Battery life is definitely better, but not yet at previous levels.
I charged to 95% 24h ago, now at 29%. Will probably last until tomorrow morning. Still glad though, having to charge every day was quite the regression.

Performance is also improved, though I still miss the smoothness and speed of the first A11 alpha.
Did you find out why the graphics driver was downgraded again to the A10 version for the final release of 11?

1 Like

The Alpha was using the newer kernel but fingerprint did not work. We had to use some parts of the old kernel since the new kernel+fingerprint is not yet compatible with SN:2020 (1st batch). Team is working on it though.

1 Like

Care you share any links that we can try?

Also, alarms don’t trigger if the phone is in battery saver (even if the screen is on), not sure if I mentioned that. It’s been that way since the first A11 build, didn’t notice it before.

Thanks for reporting that. Raising a bug report.

Sharad
Care you share any links that we can try?

Simply record and play a video with the camera app.
Since the settings of the default camera app do not work, I tried different resolutions with OpenCamera.

1 Like

I’ve found another bug: double-tap to wake is always active, regardless if what the setting says.

1 Like

11.0.2+b1a2332.user shows up on the system update. Legit?

Download and installation of zip file was easy! Look forward to this latest Android 11 version on Teracube 2e. Thanks!

Yes, you can update to this. The forum post should be up within a few hours; it’s got performance improvements and a few more bugs fixed :slight_smile:

Hello! I just made an account because I downloaded Android 11 a couple weeks ago and am really frustrated. The main concern I have is that my selfie camera seems to no longer work in any apps. It works in the camera app itself and I have an idea of the problem but not how to fix it. I was hoping someone here could help. When I open the camera app, it automatically goes to “wide” mode instead of “picture” mode and I have looked in all the settings and cannot find a way to change this.

The reason I suspect it’s a problem is that of course you cannot switch to selfie mode on “wide” mode. I first have to switch to picture. My logic is that I wonder if when my camera opens in other apps like Discord it is opening in “wide” mode and therefore when I try to switch cameras it won’t work. Is anyone else having this issue? I just want to be able to video call my long-distance girlfriend again. Alternatively, is there a way to go back to Android 10 since that worked just fine for me?

Hi @xpaar - I’ll discuss this selfie camera issue with the Dev team asap. I’m able to do video calls on whatsapp (with selfie camera) so maybe there is a compatibility issue with Discord.

In the meantime, you can revert to Android 10 using these steps. Use the SN:2020 software version.