Note : This update is for the 1st batch of T2e (SN:2020 / codename:zirconia)
** Warning **
- While we have tried to fix all outstanding issues, we still recommend you backup your data.
- To clarify further that issues may occur on upgrade to this build, the builds are marked as “Beta” again, instead of “Pre-rollout”. While we encourage you to try these builds, please remember that there may be rough edges when coming from older builds. Always take a backup!
Here is our 5th stable (11.0.4+75a3294.user) and (Google) certified Android 11 for Teracube 2e (1st batch; SN 2020).
Since 11.0.3, this build fixes the following issues:
- Fix SMS DB transition from 11.0.2*
- Fix incorrect logos displaying on unlocked bootloader, when upgrade from 11.0.2 or older
- Fix inability to enter passwords longer than 4 characters when upgrading from 11.0.2 or older
- Fix fingerprint failure on 11.0.3-1 builds. This upgrade fixes fingerprint for all!
Updates from 11.0.2
We’ve been listening to your concerns, regarding performance degradation, input latency, downstream 4.9 kernel, oddly high first-boot times and issues with some carriers. This build is based on emerald’s (2nd batch; SN 2021) SW5 build, to bring you it’s enhancements, and upstream security and code while staying close and true to your previous UX.
Full rebase onto 4.19, MediaTek performance and upstream Google + Linux security improvements, and more; changes since emerald’s A11 SW5 build:
- Common kernel-4.19 support
- Added some critical upstream security patches
- Full itrusty/km3 support for zirconia
- Fixed provisioning settings on failed Settings DB upgrade (Unified → Alps only)
- Fixed issues with power down (partial ATF upgrade)
- Added double tap to sleep on home screen
- Added clear all to home screen
- Added new ringtones
- Switch to in-house Camera app for faster and more reliable image capture
- Changed system accents to blue
- Added GMS common default wallpaper (old wallpapers retained)
- Added ringtones and sounds from Unified (old sounds retained)
- Improved IMS support for many Europe carriers
- Added new bootloader graphics
Steps to Upgrade from Android 10 (SW6, SW16, EEA1) or Android 11 (11.0.X):
- Download the upgrade zip file directly on the phone (or transfer the zip to the phone).
- Goto Settings > System > Teracube Updater
- Click top-right 3 dots > Local update
- Tap “Internal storage” and browse to Downloads or wherever you transferred/downloaded the update zip file.
Note 1 : If Internal storage does not show anything, then reboot the phone.
Note 2 : Do not download the update to SD card.
- Select the file and continue the update process.
- It will take a while. The phone will power off and restart by itself. Don’t press power button.
Do note, some users have reported that they lose their launcher - icon and widget arrangement. We’d suggest you take a screenshot of your homescreen before performing the update!
Let us know how it went and post your questions/feedback here. Please keep the comments related to this update itself.
If you experience any errors/issues, you can flash SW6 (original Android 10 firmware) using these instructions.