[Certified] Android 11.0.4 for Teracube 2e 1st batch (SN: 2020)

Note : This update is for the 1st batch of T2e (SN:2020 / codename:zirconia)

Here is our 5th stable (11.0.4+75a3294.user) and (Google) certified Android 11 for Teracube 2e (1st batch; SN 2020).

Since 11.0.3, this build fixes the following issues:

1. Fix SMS DB transition from 11.0.2*
  2. Fix incorrect logos displaying on unlocked bootloader, when upgrade from 11.0.2 or older
  3. Fix inability to enter passwords longer than 4 characters when upgrading from 11.0.2 or older
  4. Fix fingerprint failure on 11.0.3-1 builds. This upgrade fixes fingerprint for all!
Updates from 11.0.2

We’ve been listening to your concerns, regarding performance degradation, input latency, downstream 4.9 kernel, oddly high first-boot times and issues with some carriers. This build is based on emerald’s (2nd batch; SN 2021) SW5 build, to bring you it’s enhancements, and upstream security and code while staying close and true to your previous UX.

Full rebase onto 4.19, MediaTek performance and upstream Google + Linux security improvements, and more; changes since emerald’s A11 SW5 build:

• Common kernel-4.19 support
  • Added some critical upstream security patches
  • Full itrusty/km3 support for zirconia
  • Fixed provisioning settings on failed Settings DB upgrade (Unified → Alps only)
  • Fixed issues with power down (partial ATF upgrade)
  • Added double tap to sleep on home screen
  • Added clear all to home screen
  • Added new ringtones
  • Switch to in-house Camera app for faster and more reliable image capture
  • Changed system accents to blue
  • Added GMS common default wallpaper (old wallpapers retained)
  • Added ringtones and sounds from Unified (old sounds retained)
  • Improved IMS support for many Europe carriers
  • Added new bootloader graphics

Steps to Upgrade from Android 10 (SW6, SW16, EEA1) or Android 11 (11.0.X):

1. Download the upgrade zip file directly on the phone (or transfer the zip to the phone).
  2. Goto Settings > System > Teracube Updater
  3. Click top-right 3 dots > Local update
  4. Tap “Internal storage” and browse to Downloads or wherever you transferred/downloaded the update zip file.
    Note 1 : If Internal storage does not show anything, then reboot the phone.
    Note 2 : Do not download the update to SD card.
  5. Select the file and continue the update process.
  6. It will take a while. The phone will power off and restart by itself. Don’t press power button.

Do note, some users have reported that they lose their launcher - icon and widget arrangement. We’d suggest you take a screenshot of your homescreen before performing the update!

Let us know how it went and post your questions/feedback here. Please keep the comments related to this update itself.

If you experience any errors/issues, you can flash SW6 (original Android 10 firmware) using these instructions.

2 Likes

In the past the [upgrade.zip] was a link to download. But this time not. Where can I find the zip file?

We are currently investigating an SMS issue in the build. Hence the link is taken down.

Update: Issues fixed and the 11.0.4 build is live again.

3 Likes

Any luck in figuring out the download 11.0.4 issue?

where is the download link??

@mastershake : See comment 2 or 3 lines above from Sharad. (Aug 22nd)

Both known issues have been fixed and the 11.0.4 link is live again. Please proceed to download and install.

1 Like

I was updating from 11.0.2 in Germany and it works perfectly! (I restarted my phone bevore updating.)
All small issues where gone and my missed features (battery load to 80% only, better symbols in upper tray etc.) are working like before in Android 10.
The discussed issues are n/a for me. So its fine. :slight_smile:
But I am a bit disappointed, that the security updates are from end of last year und the google ones from april 2022. That could be better…

1 Like

Ok updated and all is well and has been a few days. Thanks

Hi all! Phone seems a bit slow after the update to 11.0.4 (5th iteration), but after a while (1 reboot made) the speed is okay, camera app is different (why?), also Android security update is way outdated. Otherwise, it seems like a solid update, thanks Teracube team!

1 Like

Yes - this is the new app we launched sometime back. Much faster and menu options are also laid out better than our original app.

First update attempt seems to have not been entirely successful. Somewhat over 30 minutes at the upgrade spin after reboot, then into a “unable to load system” recovery screen. Fortunately, telling it to try again DID boot to system, and I’m back into my phone… still on 11.0.2+b1a2332.user though. I’ll try again when I have 45-90 minutes to burn. Might be a day or three though.

5G works here. (Unifi Accesspoint)

So is this still in beta or good for general population download?

11.0.4 update is stable and good for the general population globally.

I’m waiting for a stable release to be pushed over the air.

With 3 more flashes (total of four) I’m on 11.0.4 now without losing any data from 11.0.2 where I’d been. Yay.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Battery consumption on 11.0.4 (Zirconia)

Interesting. In 11.0.4 Duraspeed is back, and Live Wallpaper is broken again. Feels a lot like being back on 10.

1 Like

3 posts were split to a new topic: EU SIM card issue on 11.0.4?