[Certified] Android 11 for Teracube 2e 1st batch (SN: 2020)

3 posts were split to a new topic: Android 11 install on T2e 1st batch (SN:2020) error?

also the status bar icons option is greyed out on the previous build we could hide the icons on this one they are unable to be hidden. on my other phones (not the 2e) those can be hidden. i know its trivial but my daughter wants to figure that out also.

for those who want to make the notch hidden one work around is to use natcho notch and set notifications for it and it will make the bar black but i do want the built in option back if possible so an extra app is not taking up space.

edit got the picture in picture thing on chrome to work had to change the foreground permission

I’ve recently bought a Samsung M12 for my mother-in-law, which also comes with Android 11, and it doesn’t have that function neither.
Could it be Google’s doing?

I just updated and the LED is still flashing constantly…

It still constantly blinks while battery saver is on and when plugged in the light is on constantly

A post was split to a new topic: Slow Performance on Android 11 1st batch (SN:2020)?

You’re going to need a custom launcher or something similar to achieve that. Android 11 & above don’t have that option on the stock launcher.

one of my other phones has the option without a custom launcher. there is a switch for it as well as an option to hide the notch just like when using nacho notch. in developer options there is a setting to move the notch or hole there should be a way to make another option to make the whole bar black.

Is it a Google Pixel or another brand that uses a stock or near stock launcher for Android 11 or above? If not, they’re using their own custom launcher that gives you that option. The Teracube 2e is using a very close to stock Android 11 launcher so that option is not present.

A post was split to a new topic: T2e 1st batch Android 11 - doesn’t call out and no incoming

battery life is DREADFUL on this rom my daughter will be going back to the last one. she used to get a full 1-1.5 days and she uses it ALL day she is charging twice a day now. its crazy how fast its being drained.

I noticed the sound recorder app is gone again after being there in the alpha :frowning:

The performance seems to have regressed a bit, I posted in the other topic about that already.

Good to have fingerprint sensor back again, though :slight_smile:
Everything else seems to run fine so far, will report back if I find anything.

Reading the issues reported here makes me wary to upgrade. Not to mention that it’s a manual process and not provided OTA.

I would love to install and run Android 11, but not at the cost of degraded battery life, reduced performance and missing features.

Is there any plan to release the latest security updates for Android 10?

I feel like Android 11 isn’t ready yet.
I will remain on Android 10 for the time being.

As far as I can tell, you can no longer set or keep your old batter charging limits. This is one of my favorite features and I would love to see it return!

Also since updating I have the little “x” over my cell signal bar icon but I have been receiving messages and made a successful call already, so not sure what the icon is about.

1 Like

Could you share a screenshot (or PM it to me)? Also - what carrier are you using?

I see now that holding the power button also has a different function than before. How do I take a screenshot now?

1 Like

Recents has screenshot (the rectangle button in the navigation bar at the bottom OR swipe up from bottom if you are using gestures)

How to take screenshots on your Android phone - The Verge. (Scroll down the article for Android 11)

Hi Sharad, here’s the screenshot with my sim info. It’s the same situation on my mother’s phone that I just updated as well and we both use ATT. I’ve also noticed that I no longer have some contacts (I think ones that I had saved to the sim) so I’m wondering if this is similar to the sim issues that other people have been posting.

EDIT: looking back now, screenshots don’t show the icon tray at the top of the phone any more, so I’m not sure how to share with you.

Hey Andy,

I think the x on the signal in the statusbar is an AOSP thing that basically signifies that your cellular data is turned off. It is nothing to be worried about.

Thanks Gagan, I think you may be right as when I turned data on it went away. However, this is the same icon pre-update that I didn’t have signal, so I am still a little interested in why this is different now, especially considering data does not affect my cell signal. It does seem I may still be having issues with the sim recognition though.