[Certified] Android 13.1.0 for Teracube 2e Zirconia (SN:2020)

Were you updating from Android 11, 12 or other?

1 Like

from version 10, the original one

2 Likes

We will be releasing an update with new security patches and fixes for several carriers soon!

4 Likes

ahoy all and thanks for the upgrade and help.

i am upgrading from 10 (build Teracube_2e_16) ā€¦ so is this the only way (i.e. factory reset) to upgrade from 10 to the current 13?

also if i am planning on rooting the phone should that be done before the upgrade, after, ?

thanks again :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You should be able to use the updater, but take backups.

1 Like

Root after, unless youā€™re doing it for taking backups before the upgrade, in which case it would be both before and after.

Running the upgrade will load a stock boot image, which will revert root. Itā€™s easy enough to root again after, but the only reason to do is before is if you donā€™t trust Googleā€™s own backups. Which is valid.

1 Like

Updated to phones 2020 and 2021 both phones security update are out of date now March 5 2024. What gives now? Anyone else having this problem?

1 Like

Itā€™s vendor patch level. Safe to ignore and should be gone with new update.

1 Like

Like with 10 and 11, Security update only happens on an updated ROM flash, though Google Play system update should be within a month or two of current, and if you pass Device Integrity and GPsu is fully up to date, your tap-to-pay should be working fine regardless of the Security update status.

That being said, looking forward to the updated ROM.

1 Like

I donā€™t understand how itā€™s acceptable to only have security updates by manually flashing your device and installing a new ROM.

Iā€™ve lost trust in Teracube due to lack of security updates that are delivered timeously via OTA.

Want an insecure device thatā€™s hard to update? Use Teracube.

Happy with Android 10? Phone works as expected and performs well? Well, kiss your hopes goodbye as you cannot have a secure A10 device due to lack of security patches.

The only way to stay secure is to update to buggy beta versions of Android 13 with performance issues. Even then, it seems that the security patches are out of date.

Not to mention that the updates require you to manually flash your device.

No thanks. I donā€™t trust using any financial application or wallet on my Teracube device.

I have requested the latest security updates to my Teracube device and that was ignored.

Imagine if I had to reinstall Windows or Linux every time there was an update to the operating system.

1 Like

Blame Google. Thatā€™s how they do it. On a positive note, I think Android 14 or 15 changed that and allowed the security updates to flow without a ROM flash, butā€¦

1 Like

A new update is available! (13.0.4)

To install it, go to Settings > System > Updater and tap Check for updates
Alternatively, you can apply the update manually using the information in the updated thread.

3 Likes

Just checking - is 13.0.4 internally tagged as 13.0.3 or are we looking for a new updated build version?

1 Like

Thanks for reporting. Updated the post!

2 Likes

Hi there,
I have just installed the current over the air update to 13.0.4. It worked for me without any issues. After an initial test, the phone functions all appear to be working. In this respect - thanks to the team for the update! :+1:

greetings from Berlin (Germany) :wave:

2 Likes

FINALLY!!! We are getting regular (security) updates for this phone. After all.

Thank you VERY much for sticking to it and making it possible!! Really appreciate it! Congratulations to the team!!

BIG THANKS :+1::+1::+1::pray::pray::pray:

3 Likes

BTW upgraded from 13.0.2 to 13.0.3 than 13.0.4 via ota updates, all worked flawlessly!

5 Likes

Thanks for another update.
Battery limiter and Duraspeed would be great to see in a future update.
I still canā€™t fully update Google Play System.

I was on the 13 alpha/beta; stuck
Than upgrade to first 13 release; stuck after a few updates
13.0.3; few updates, than stuck
Now - 13.0.4; few updates, now also stuck at june 1st 2023.

1 Like

Sounds like youā€™re fully up to date with no issues then. They tag it with a somewhat random month identifier which doesnā€™t fully correspond to, well, anything. Itā€™s not uncommon to get the May play store updates in June or July. Thatā€™s just what Google decides to call them.
If Settings->Security says itā€™s fully updated, and the Google Play Store->Settings says itā€™s fully updated, and you can tap to pay without getting security/update warnings, then youā€™re fully up to date, regardless of how Google decides to display their crazy version info.

1 Like

Was able to properly update from 13.0.3 to 13.0.4 yesterday. It did show as an OTA update, but Iā€™d previously downloaded the ROM so that I was able to extract the boot image and prepatch for root. Full process of updating was something like:

Download ROM
Extract boot image
Revert root application to standard package
Patch boot image
Transfer boot image to computer
Do standard backup procedures in case phone requires wipe
Select downloaded ROM from update menu (interesting that it shows as an official item while itā€™s loading)
Wait 10-20 minutes while it processes and reboots
Unlock phone
Wait 5-10 minutes while it completes
Reboot to bootloader
Flash patched boot image
Reboot to system
Verify device integrity still successful

Interestingly, since going to 13.0.4, I havenā€™t had any of the sdcard load failures that were plaguing so many of my earlier 13 reboots and requiring manual reboots. At some point in the near future, Iā€™ll verify whether I still need to trigger Airplane mode to avoid the kernel panic reboots on startup for having way too many apps installed. :smiley:

1 Like