[Certified] Android 13.1.0 for Teracube 2e Zirconia (SN:2020)

Just upgraded from 11.0.4 to 13.0.4, but had to perform a factory reset due to corrupted data.

1 Like

Hi @Krzynowek. Thanks for reporting could you please confirm if you saw teracube bootanimation ā†’ reboot ā†’ prompt to reset. or teracube logo ā†’ prompt to reset? We are trying to investigate the issue and so far no being able to repro this issue internally.

1 Like

I have to clarify;
By ā€˜stuckā€™, I mean the same update has to be installed after restarts. So an update loop.

My other Zirconia was updated from 11.0.4 to the first 13.0.3 upgrade.

I think it is a remnant of the Android 13 beta.

I am verified and no other issues have come up yet, so itā€™s all ok for me.

1 Like

Ah, okay. When Iā€™ve been on prior releases, Iā€™ve had some cases where it looked like it was installing the same update half a dozen times, but it appeared they were all slightly different components since eventually it stopped offering the reboot. But thatā€™s my case and Google isnā€™t polite enough to tell us what itā€™s tweaking, so it just feels chaotic.
Glad everything else has been functional for you.

1 Like

I saw teracube bootanimation ā†’ reboot ā†’ prompt to reset.

1 Like

For users who have not updated yet, Please check the updated post and help capture logs for reset issue. Thank you for your co-operation!

1 Like

Are there still issues with data corruption/backups? I am a pretty low tech knowledge user and just want to know if itā€™s safe to download and update without a ton of hassle. I wish this process were a little simpler and we were notified of the update availability. I havenā€™t been on this forum in months.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s not how Google does it.

You can receive updates on a Google Pixel using System Update within Android

You can update Android on a Samsung using Software Update

My Teracube doesnā€™t have any updates

In order for me to receive any updates, I need to manually download and install them, while risking to lose my data.

Not a great experience for a general consumer who isnā€™t a tech enthusiast with time to waste.

I do wish all the best for Teracube, however, the support received has been nothing but disappointing.
Not to mention when I raise these concerns, they are ignored or excused to be not Teracubeā€™s fault.

No accountability is being taken. No easy upgrade method given to all your consumers. No regular security patches provided, even though we have been begging for them for years.

Is it such a difficult ask to have an updated device using a seamless experience with no hassles?

The Teracube 1 was released back in 2019. That means that the teams have had 5 years to figure out how to deliver important system and security updates to their end users in a seamless manner. Yet all I see is forum posts of manual downloads with backups and flashing back to stock.

Not all users are enthusiasts with this type of tech know-how, nor do they wish to risk their apps and data when trying to update the phone manually.

I have read too many posts of things going wrong, data being corrupted, networks not working any longer. missing features, battery drain and performance issues, not to mention the odd bricking of devices of people who just want to update their phones.

Not an experience I want to go through.

Hi, we are working on it. There is some issue with zirconia upgrades from older android version, we couldnā€™t reproduce the issue internally so far and trying our best to resolve it. You could wait for some more time before upgrading.

2 Likes

The latest is May 1st 2024 from Play System Updates. You can check if your PlayStore is up to date before trying to update.

Hi, @maiku we are extermenly sorry for your concerns. We are currently in stage of improving processes and has plans to roll-out bi-monthly security patches for both emerald and zirconia. Regarding OTA upgrade we have not rolled it out due to factory reset issues pointed out by users and donā€™t plan to roll it out via OTA to A10 and A11 users until that issue has been resolved. While thereā€™s no such issue with emerald and we have pushed A13 OTA over A11 users. We are a small team with limited resources and trying our best to improve the experience for the end user. These forums are to be treated as pre-rollout releases or release candidate and will be issued to OTA gradually once we confirm everything works to the mark. Thank you for your patience!

2 Likes

Yes, I do have 1 of my Zirconias that is up to dat.
The other (that upgraded from the first android 13, alpha?) is stuck on june 1st, 2023.
All apps I need work, so not planning on reinstalling just now.
Will update if it ever changes.
(Stuck on a 3.9MB update)

New update is live on Updater with charge limit!

2 Likes

Iā€™m still on the 13.0.4+551a1c9 update and the OTA updater isnā€™t offering me anything new yet, butā€¦ looking forward to trying out the new version whenever it shows up. Anyone tried it yet? Any fixes for ANR or any of the 13.0.4 issues, or is it just charge limit and security patches (which is still nice)?

Same here. I thought I may have been the only one.

1 Like

You should recieve it soon. Itā€™s part of stagged rollout.

1 Like

Users experiencing cellular connectivity issues on Android 13, please do the following:

1. Check Settings > System > Updater for any updates. Install any new updates.
  2. Reset your APN settings at Settings > Network & internet > SIMs > Access point names > 3-dot > Reset to default.

13.0.5+06dd9ba has just shown up in my Updater list. Slowly started the download process, but when thatā€™s completed I just need to make sure I get it off the phone before applying it so I can patch the boot file and get root back quickly.

Edit: Andā€¦ copied from /data/teracube_updates to /storage/emulated/0/Download, then put it into my cloud storage so itā€™s safe and ready for reflashing if anything goes wrong on the first attempt and requires restarting the process.

1 Like

Not sure why, but the 11.0.5 is having timeout reboots on every system update patch. Current process, upon reboot:
Unlock phone
Swipe down into notifications, and wait until the SD card is loaded (Note that if I donā€™t go into Notifications on first unlocking the phone after a reboot, the SD card is less reliable about loading properly and sometimes requires another reboot)
Turn off Airplane mode
Change webview from stable to beta or vice versa (if I donā€™t do this first, it wonā€™t start the download)
Settings->Security
Wait for the icon to load on Google Play system update (if the green icon hasnā€™t loaded yet, it canā€™t be clicked into)
Google Play system update
Download & install
(After it finishes) Turn on Airplane mode
Restart now
Wait 15-20 seconds to initial TC splash screen
Wait 120-130 seconds for boot animation to start
Wait 160-180 seconds for black screen
Wait 15-20 seconds to initial TC splash screen
Wait 120-130 seconds for boot animation to start
Wait 65-80 seconds for TC boot logo to fill in leaf and display lockscreen
Unlock phone
Swipe down into notifications, and wait until the SD card is loaded
[Repeat until all updates installed]

A few notes, the bonus 5 minutes of initial hung reboot on security updates didnā€™t happen on 11.0.4, so thatā€™s new to 11.0.5, but as long as itā€™s reliable and does eventually finish, I can deal with wasting an extra 30-60 minutes once a month though. As long as thatā€™s it.
The hung reboot does still happen when Airplane mode is not enabled, but since having Airplane mode enabled during post-unlock initialization reduces the chance of System hitting ANR and forcing a reboot, it might as well start in Airplane mode rather than be the first action pre-SD card load.
Google REALLY loves the 2.9 meg updates. I wish theyā€™d describe what you were installing, or gave an obvious version number, or something.
And after doing a half dozen or more 2.9 meg updates in a row with the many minutes of delay, Iā€™ve hit my current limit. :smiley: Iā€™ll go back to burning time later, but for now I want to keep enjoying actually USING the phone rather than installing security updates. Heh.

Hi there. The update process to 13.0.5 was a lot easier for me. I received the over-the-air update yesterday evening and installed it straight away. As is already stated above, it takes quite a while (approx. 30+ minutes)! Donā€™t get impatientā€¦ wait - itā€™ll be fine. And voila - finally the battery limiter and current security updates! A huge congratulations to the team! Runs like a charm. Thatā€™s really great! Is there an option to donate for some coffee or something like that? paypal? Best regards from Berlin (Germany). :ok_hand:

1 Like