Data issues since Android 10 update + GPS problems

We have 4 Teracubes. One of them will only use 3G data since the update. That phone has the exact same carrier and APN settings as the other phones. We have restarted, turned data on and off, removed and reinstalled SIM.
Any ideas?

Also, all 4 have horrible GPS. It often shows us floating alongside the road we are on and doesn’t recognize turns quick enough, as such the verbal directions are useless. We have tried doing the ‘figure 8’ recalibration, but it doesn’t seem to do anything.

1 Like

Hi @L_Hamilton - good to see you after some time.

1. For the phone having 3G issue, could you try cache cleanup. If that doesn’t work, then factory reset would be the way to go.

2. Is the GPS the same as on Android 9 or is it different now?

We did factory reset, and there were no changes. 3G is the only signal available still.

I don’t know if this is related, but photos in FB Marketplace will show as thumbnails, but when an ad is clicked the photos won’t load. This happens even when data is turned off and the phone is on wifi only.

All phones have had bad GPS both before and after the update.

Did some more digging and I believe it is a SIM issue. I’ll update after a new sim gets here and we can test it.

2 Likes