Echo on speakerphone calls

I’ve had this even after the patch. My phone was on speaker the other people have complained about the echo. I’ll try half volume.

even at half on speaker, people on the other end are still hearing the echo

This may be a completely different issue but I was told there was significant feedback when calling into a webex conferance. I do this for work all the time. This could be a show stopper for me as I need to be able to do that with my cell. Hopefully, it’s not a consistant issue.

So far speakerphone calls have not experienced echo for us. Are you using regular cellular calls or some other app?

Regarding the feedback on webex calls - is it any different on other phones? One solution is to use wired or wireless earphones. We still want to diagnose the underlying issue though.

“So far speakerphone calls have not experienced echo for us” --weird
Mine is exactly the opposite. People have told me off speakerphone there is little to no issue but on speaker there is a significant echo to where it’s unusable for them.

I’m coming from a Samsung S9, it had no issues with webex. I’ve been using my computer’s microphone and speaker instead of the phone. I may try it again at some point but I can’t experiment at work normally.

Ok after finally re-rooting after the patch and re-installing magisk, this morning speaker phone was not a problem. Weird… but I’m very happy.

Will have to re-try webex now.

1 Like

Ok this was entirely my fault. I do record calls and I was using a free call recorder from F-Droid. I stopped the application and …wow no more echo. I switched back to the ACR app I was using on the Samsung and no-one is complaining of an echo.

1 Like

Glad to hear that. :slight_smile: :+1:

(Not sure if this should be here, especially as this is marked as solved, however:)

I had the opposite problem today, a caller mentioned he was getting an echo of his own voice during a call, but that was fixed by putting the call on speaker. I’m using the stock image, unrooted, no recording software. Thought it worth a mention.

1 Like

The issue you experienced is most likely similar to this one.