FM radio wanted (iodé)

Hello, i have buy a new Teracube 2e with iodé. I have read, the Teracube 2e has a hardware for a FM radio included. In iodé, there is no FM radio App installed. Now it gets complicated.

I have search for a trustable App as an APK and haven’t find one. Seemingly, there are many Apps with/for internet-radio or only for one radio station. The permissions are questionable and not trustworthy. Further, many Apps at F-Droid or Pure APK are outdated. There are other websites with APKs, but not really trustable.

In this community exists a topic with this question for a Teracube 2e with /e/. There has no solution. In this, the SpiritF App (APK) was mentioned. This App needs WLAN access, android.permission.ACCESS_SUPERUSER, network access, full phone status access, storage access, which is very questionable and not trustworthy for a radio app.

The question seems to be very difficult. On the one hand, iodé seems to be responsible, on the other hand, there seems to be no apps (APK). Does anyone here have an idea?

1 Like

Yeah, this is definitely a sticking point for many folks (myself included!).

I don’t have any answer for you at present, but I do have confirmation from Sharad that this is on the team’s worklist and they’re investigating it.

Hopefully we have something good for us all soon :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah, please a simple one. Like in cyanogenmod.

There is on few websites a so named “UKW-Radio” from “Motorola Mobility LLC”. I’m not sure if this one is trustworthy. It is not published on the Motorola website. That is why I have not tested it yet. You can find it with the search string: motorola ukw-radio app

APK
apkcombo.com ( [02.04.0091 03.03.2023. FM Radio_02.04.0091_apkcombo.com.apk)
androidliste.de (02.04.0091 20-01-23 10.8M. motorola-fm-radio.apk)
apkpure.com (Dec 8, 2020. APKPure_v3.18.95_apkpure.com.apk)
phoneky.com (02.03.0009. motorola-mobility-fm-radio_106152.apk)
All not really thrustworthy. I have seen, there are Apps was make a APK from an installed App?
or
play.google.com (08.12.2020)

1 Like

Hello, i search furthermore for a FM radio for my Teracube 2e with iodé.

1 Like

Does anyone in the iode community have any leads?

No. FM Radio wanted - General - iodé community

1 Like

Did you try the extracted official Android APK that Saijin_Naib shared six months ago? If they’ve included hardware support, then it should work. If they haven’t included hardware support, they’ll need to actually add that backend or you’ll need to use a non-hardware streaming app instead.

1 Like

Yes:

As far as I know, the Teracube 2e has a built-in FM radio (hardware).

No streaming app is wanted, but a terrestrial radio (FM).

1 Like

If you tried the extracted APK, and it didn’t work, then that means you need to talk to the iode team about actually adding in the proper hardware support to the ROM. If the ROM does not have hardware support for the integrated radio, then your only choices are non-hardware internet radio or a different ROM. It doesn’t matter what software you try to install if the ROM’s hardware support is missing or broken. The official ROMs have functional support for the hardware. If iode does not, you’ll need to ask them to fix their frameworks.

2 Likes