Message from AT&T About My Phone Not Compatible?

Mine is exactly like Saijin’s!

@cpangracs - do you have VoLTE icon in your top status bar? @Saijin_Naib - does not have it even though it is enabled in his settings.

Having it enabled in settings does not make it operational unless the icon in the status bar at the top shows.

Check this image above - it has the icon at the top which shows VoLTE as being on.

Maybe (just maybe) it is only on AT&T :crossed_fingers: :slight_smile:.

I do, when I turn=off WiFi calling, I get that same symbol.

Could you share your screenshot as well.

1 Like

Interesting, I do not. Could be my market location, or possibly the age of our SIM cards…

Cool - thanks for sharing. This is the 2nd case of VoLTE icon showing up on AT&T phone. This could very well be a super-early Christmas gift from AT&T :slight_smile:.

Any other AT&T users seeing or not seeing VoLTE?

2 Likes

Could be, I know my sim card originally was from a prepaid AT&T GoPhone, so that’s my story!

2 Likes

I do not see VoLTE. Maybe it’s because my SIM Card is old (got it back sometime before the first Pixel 1 released)

My sim card is also from my old Galaxy Note 8 from att, so that may be the key?

I have seen some references online where VoLTE works if your SIM was there in a VoLTE enabled phone earlier. @Gatlin_Newhouse - could you try calling AT&T to enable it for you?

1 Like

I have voLTE on TMobile :+1:t6::+1:t6::+1:t6:

I think I need to get a new SIM card per this support article:

SIM card compatibility
AT&T HD Voice requires a SIM card that is UICC-G or higher SIM card installed in your smartphone to enjoy the rich calling experience of AT&T HD Voice. Want to make sure to find out if your SIM card is HD Voice compatible? In the SIM card number, look for the digits 27 or higher in the 9th and 10th positions.
Don’t have a compatible SIM card? Get one at an AT&T store.

My IMEI number does not have 27 in the 9th and 10th positions (it has 00)

Will Wifi Calling work on the Teracube?

1 Like

Traditionally AT&T has enabled Wifi calling only on AT&T branded phones. However this is a new world recently :). So maybe.

As mentioned earlier, T-Mobile gives both VoLTE and VoWifi on Teracube and many other BYOD phones.

1 Like

Called AT&T. Updated my device IMEI. Then they couldn’t enable VoLTE for me because the Teracube isn’t certified with AT&T.

So I think had I had a Samsung with VoLTE / Wifi Calling already enabled and then moved the SIM card to my Teracube it would work. But since I had a Pixel 1 XL and Huawei before my Teracube it cannot be enabled until certification happens or I get a phone IMEI with both those features enabled

1 Like

Mine has the 00 as well. Only shows LTE on upper right corner, but I have the 4g toggled on, as well as, the wi-fi. Seems the ATT community has been talking about this for about a year now! BTW, my reseller is PureTalk for the ATT network, so I would have to contact them for an updated SIM?

https://www.att.com/global-search/search?q=voLTE

1 Like

Mine has a 00 in the 9th and 10 digit as well, yet VoLTE seems to work. It’s very odd.

1 Like

Just my 2-cents of experience with AT&T and jumping devices, first a little background:

My last “Officially Certified” AT&T phone was the Moto-X (xt1058 “ghost”) on Launch, direct from motomaker (google) assembled in Texas … paid in full 2013. Not subsidized from AT&T.

Since then, I’ve used all kinds of phones, none of them certified. I’ve never registered their IMEI with AT&T (not required under their TOS, but they like to have it anyways, my advice: don’t give it to them if possible). As long as the frequencies line up, everything seems to usually work. Frequency Check.com is a good resource to see if a device will work properly.

If you upgrade your SIM card, in order for their network to enable & recognize VoLTE on that sim, you will need to use a “Officially Certified” device for about 20-30min. Any AT&T VoLTE smart phone works. (another reason to keep a cracked screen device IMHO)

I’ve heard from other people (on XDA and such) that the BYOD business model is forcing AT&T to end this, my SIMs are current so I have no idea if this is true.

Work for me is starting back up so my time is limited, and I will end up with a required company work-phone. If I get around to putting my Teracube back to stock I will use a network tool app (NetMonitor PRO by Vitaly) and get a few log files then get back to everyone; unless someone beats me to it.

Sorry about the text block, the video meeting/training I am forced to endure is boring.

3 Likes

Just following back up on this since CricKet is pushing this advisory SMS out to customers right now:

3G Network Shutdown

Cricket Wireless is committed to supporting the growth of mobile Internet and providing the best customer experience. As a result, Cricket plans to end service on 3G (UMTS) wireless networks by February 2022. This will allow additional space on Cricket’s mobile Internet network. At that time, Cricket will require all customers to use a compatible HD Voice device for voice-and-data plans or an LTE-capable data-only device for data-only plans. If you currently have Cricket service on an HD Voice-capable device or an LTE-capable data-only device that is compatible with the Cricket network, you will not be impacted by these network changes.

Starting January 19, 2021, Cricket will no longer activate devices that customers bring to Cricket if the device is not HD Voice-capable or an LTE-capable data-only device compatible with the Cricket network.

Current customers:

• Without an HD Voice-capable device need to upgrade to a compatible device by February 2022 and should not move their SIM card to another non-HD Voice-capable device.
  • Who move their SIM card to a device that is not HD Voice-capable will experience an interruption in service. Important: Moving the SIM card back to a non-HD Voice-capable device will not restore service, even if you previously had service on that device. To restore service, you must move the SIM card to an HD Voice-capable device that is compatible with the Cricket network.
  • To determine network compatibility, check your IMEI.

New customers attempting to activate service:

• Can purchase a device sold by Cricket, or
  • Can bring their own HD Voice-capable device, or an LTE-capable data-only device, compatible with the Cricket network.

To determine if your device is compatible with Cricket’s network, check your IMEI.

Checking my IMEI/MEID:

That being said, I have not experienced HD Voice/VoLTE/VoWiFi working on my Android 9 handset, and I’m a bit reticent to SIM-swap to my testing Android 11 one currently to see if they’ve finally turned it on network-wide.

So, from my reading, all ATT/CricKet TeraCube One customers should be fine with the upcoming network change, so that’s lovely.

As of today, their tool no longer shows the Teracube as compatible!

@Sharad, this is big ruhroh.