Micro SD Card data are erased?

Problems … Questions …

Teracube wrotes:

Preparing your Micro SD card for use with a phone will erase all data on the card.
How to Use an SD Card - Guides - Teracube Community

The Problem/Question is: Would be the data on the Micro SD Card lost, wenn a new OS is flashed?

1 Like

On a successful upgrade, no data is lost. If your upgrade fails, since the SD card is linked to the installed OS, everything is gone.
I recommend backing up anything important beforehand.

Sidenote, not part of upgrading but just normal use: if you reboot and your SD card comes up corrupted, try rebooting again. If you re-initialize, everything really is gone and the SD card probably still isn’t mounted properly.

1 Like

Thats a big problem. Because, i use iodé, and with a Teracube 2e no updates/upgrades works. There is for every new update/upgrade a new install necessary.
See here: Updates don't work for the umpteenth time - Teracube2E - iodé community

My idea was, that i save all my own data on a SD card and than make a new install, and the data are not lost, as well as furthermore on the SD card.

Depends how they do their upgrades and whether it’s counted as a new OS or simply an upgrade, whether from system, recovery, or bootloader. Regardless of how you get there, upgrades should preserve the sdcard. It’s when you hit the factory reset is your only option due to failed OS that you curse not backing up the card externally before beginning.