Need Android 11 Testers - $25 thank you gift

I’m in. USA and on T-Mobile.

I can help out and test the Android 11. I have ATT as a carrier and wifi.

Hi I am with Rogers in Canada. I can help if you still need someone. Cheers.

I can help on this testing for mint mobile USA

Yes please, T-Mobile user

I’m willing to help!
Eu based, WIND is my network.

Will probably try it out on Koodo (Telus) in Canada with or without $25. Thanks

Thanks everyone for pitching in. As mentioned earlier, sooner you start the better as development is in progress. Feedback has also started rolling in. Keep it coming folks!

Yes, I would love to be a tester with our without the money. How do I take part?

Hi @cyberbless - thanks for joining in. Here are the instructions.

teracube 2 testing android 11 canada, telus network. upgrade started slow as i had to download windows drivers before phone would be recognized for the flash. nothing else out of the ordinary with the upgrade thanks
Using the 11 upgrade over last 2 days. Nothing abnormal to report

1 Like

installed alpha 11 on my 2e in the EU. Works so far. had to download windows drivers before phone would be recognized for the flash.
Please make the fingerprint sensor work!

1 Like

Gave it a shot and phone almost bricked. Had to boot into recovery and reinstall prior BETA. Thankfully, she’s back up and running.

Do you remember what showed up? By any chance did you take any pics?

Hi @Sharad. I did not get a chance to take any pics. Once the Alpha installed and the phone restarted, my phone went into a constant reboot loop.

As EU user with former “roaming problem with EEA2” I can tell that the issue vanished after upgrading to Android 11 Alpha 5.

2 Likes

Hi Sharad,

As soon as I can get a 2e, I’m available for any testing, especially with incentive. I always run the latest MicroG/Lineageos builds on my devices, with software mostly from F-droid. On my laptop, I always build and run the latest Linux kernel release. I used to be an elite (BBN) Unix kernel hacker back in the day.

If you don’t have a 2e available, do you recommend I get a used one? There’s one being sold by a Bill Bray, same last name as me, which sounds good but it’s a year old. Is that the same 2e as now, or a prototype?

(Wow, edit post capability, fix typos: nice!)

PS: I should also note that I have made my own working AOSP builds, but not in recent years.

Also: carrier is currently Cricket, may change to US Cellular (CDMA carrier) at some point, especially if a Teracube phone that works with that comes out. One might hope VoLTE might eventually make the CDMA/GSM split obsolete with LTE-only networks.

Thanks,

Jim Bray

Hi @jbray

All 2e are the same hardware so far. So yes - a used unit will work fine. Teracube phones work best with TMobile and its MVNOs. AT&T carriers are also compatible.

1 Like

Did I reply here or Twitter? I have TMO. Thanks

I should have @Bill_Bray’s 2e in hand later today, and have it up on Cricket(ATT) soon. Let me know if you have something to test. I’ve got some good hardware at home (Ryzen 5, NVME and 3600 DDR4 sticks) but no net at home because our local monopoly charges too much. I could set up a build environment and do builds, but would need net to pull the huge data.