Having had my phone for approx 6mths now I’m beginning to regret the purchase.
I’m not a huge power user, so happy to have middle of the road phones but I also expect it to work better than my previous >2yr old Android from Huawei. I am frequently rebooting (cold and warm) due to the phone going in to ‘odd mode’. By this I mean, I could be messaging one of my children when suddenly after every key press [on the keyboard] the drag down top menu keeps appearing. Or the app in use will crash or just hang for a period of time.
Reboots work, of course they do it’s been a staple of the tech world for years to say ‘reboot’. But this is getting annoying now. My main use of the phone is:
- As a phone… odd, but true.
- for messaging my family
- occasional social media use - mostly Twitter and FB (ugh)
- as an emergency camera if I’m out and didn’t bring my big one with me
- and once in a blue moon as the interface for my drone
- lots of other apps used once in a blue moon - e.g. Waze (works fine so far), food apps, hotel booking apps, etc
In fact the drone use was the first time I’ve used it as got the phone March/April and been in lockdown since, and no chance to do so prior. The problem here is that as soon as the drone hit about 20metres directly above me, I lost the image. My older Huawei managed to maintain image connection to VLOS (and beyond if I’m truthful - so over 500m).
Is all this just me and the way my phone is setup, or am I looking at a complete reset, which I despise with a passion? Just makes me want to go and buy an iPhone.
EDIT: on latest (stable?) build.