[SW16] Verified update for Teracube 2e is ready for all users

SW16 is a verified update following the SW15 Beta. We will be releasing SW16 over OTA in 1-2 weeks. Meanwhile, users can install it by downloading directly to the phone (steps below).

Changelog (same as SW15)

1. May 2021 Security updates
  2. AT&T certified
  3. Bluetooth streaming/range issue improved.
  4. Blue photos under flash fixed.
  5. Notification shade dropdown issue fixed.
  6. GMS certified (SW15 was not)

Note1 : This upgrade is only for US, Canada and other non-EU countries.
Note2 : It can be upgraded over any old firmware - SW6-SW15. SW15 users should also upgrade to SW16.
Note3: This is no longer in beta - everyone can install it safely.

Steps

1. Download the upgrade zip file directly on the phone (or transfer the zip to the phone). Note - its a big file.
  2. Goto Settings > System > Advanced > Teracube Updater
  3. Tap top-right 3 dots > Local update
  4. Tap ā€œInternal storageā€ and browse to Downloads or wherever you transferred/downloaded the update zip file.
    Note 1 : If Internal storage does not show anything, then reboot the phone.
    Note 2 : Do not download the update to SD card.
  5. Select the file and continue the update process.
  6. It will take a while. The phone will power off and restart by itself. Donā€™t press power button.

Let us know how it went and post your questions/feedback here.

5 Likes

When will SW16 be available for EU countries & what happens if itā€™s installed now anyway?

2 Likes

I need this!

Work on the EU update has started - should have it in 3-4 weeks at max.

Difference between the 2 versions is because of EU Vs Google lawsuit where Google is forced to give users a choice of their browser and search engine in EU. Other than the choice, both versions are pretty much the same.

1 Like

Thanks Sharad,

I remembered just after I got this that thanks to Brexit EU rules donā€™t apply in Britain anymore so I installed the update with no problems. It seems to have greatly improved the fingerprint reader. Iā€™m hoping the battery problems Iā€™ve had will have been solved too.

1 Like

Unfortunately Google Pay still doesnā€™t work, even under SW16, probably because the phone is still ā€˜rootedā€™.

Would a factory reset resolve this issue?

Minor tweaks to instructions:

1. Goto Settings > System > Advanced > Teracube Updater

2. Tap ā€œLocal updateā€ā€¦

It took about 10 minutes for the phone to cycle through the update and all seems fine, thank you.

1 Like

Tweak incorporated :+1:

As long as Google knows the phone is rooted, SafetyNet will trip and Google Pay wonā€™t work. Using Google Pay while rooted requires passing SafetyNet, which is not a failing of the ROM itself, but of your given enabled root modules.

Thanks for the quick reply, makes a lot of sense. I guess Iā€™ll have to flash the software then. Even if we get the official update OTA, this wonā€™t remove the root access, so flashing seems to be the only solution.

By the way, can I also flash the latest SW16 software, instead of the original one?

Error is the brief message given, then phone reopens with version 15. Unable to update to 16.
I have tied rebooting and re install but didnā€™t work
Suggestions?

Hereā€™s the SP Flash version of SW16 - not suitable for update.

When does the error occur - while providing the update file? Could you provide a picture or a screenshot?

this is at the very beginning of the up date the android is on its back with a bit of red color at its mid area. Error Thanks

Seems like a potentially corrupted update file. Could you delete the old fine and re-download it.

Hello yes I did try that and no success sorry same error

Checking with Devs - will get back soon.

phone works fine just will not upgrade thanks

update next day, had to do a factory reset and was able to install ver 16 everything good thanks
so i believe the error was my fault as i did download the ver 16 zip file then opened and closed it instead of having the phone app open and install the new version.
one other thing I wasnt able to use sp to reimage phone, so good thing the reset worked