Teracube 2E questions

Before I buy the Teracube 2E, i want to know if there’s a catch.
Are there Ads in-system to make back the revenue? Or is there bloatware pre-installed?
If not, lmk

Greetings,

nbeerten

If they are using a similar base ROM to the Teracube One, no bloatware at all, and nearly every included app can be disabled, if not uninstalled.

Best/cleanest base ROM I’ve seen this side of W10M.

3 Likes

So, there isnt a catch. BTW: After launch the phone is 120 dollar right? Or 200?

Just like the campaign video says. There is no catch lol. After the launch, the phone will retail for $200.

2 Likes

Aha!! I am so glad someone watched our video!! And yes, the phone has no ads, no bloatware, just straight up stock Android similar to Teracube One, as simple as that. :+1:

4 Likes

After Indiegogo, we will be selling the phone at MSRP.

2 Likes

I’d love a blog post detailing your production/writing crew for your marketing videos, because they are just fantastic. All of those folks deserve some recognition :slight_smile:

How certain is it that if I order 2E perk on IndieGogo that it will actually get delivered?

As certain as our last campaign, of course!! :smiley:

3 Likes

Good suggestion, mate. I’ll add that to our todo list and write up something post Indiegogo launch.

3 Likes

Good afternoon. When possible, it would be nice to have a list of sample pictures and video from the 2e. I noticed the camera specs are a little bit different and it makes me curious. Thanks!

2 Likes

Your wish is our command, sir. Alright mate, I’ll take a few pics this coming weekend, hopefully the Seattle weather will do me the justice.

PS: Just don’t laugh at my poor photography skill. I know I am not up to you guys’ standards especially after seeing some of the pics shared on the forum. :laughing:

4 Likes

Do the best you can lol. Take photo’s with the front and back camera. Would also like to see portrait mode in action. Have fun taking pictures this weekend!

2 Likes

Ooh, take some with OpenCamera at max quality in DRO mode as well! (but differentiate these so people know :sunglasses:)

2 Likes

You sure you want to see my selfie?? I am not sure about that… may crack the lens of my beloved Teracube 2e… joking… haha…

Answer is yes, sure thing, sir. :smiley:

4 Likes

:ok_hand: Lemme install Opencamera app now on my test unit so I won’t forget.

Edit: done and done

2 Likes

If you crack the screen, good thing there’s a 4 year warranty!

3 Likes

Sweet!
Under Photo Settings for quality and format, can you choose RAW? If not, JPG at 100% is good.

Under Processing Settings, can you turn Edge mode to High and Noise Reduction to Off?

1 Like

Oh no. I only saw your message after I went out for the photoshoot. I kept all other settings as is so I am going to assume those are set as default.

I am uploading the pics to Google drive now and will have it ready to share tomorrow or Monday.

2 Likes

Please find the Google Drive photo share here. Hopefully this also allows me to be a good Seattle ambassador for some lovely scenery.

There are two sets of photos. One is taken using the default camera app, and the other was using Opencamera app with DRO (Dynamic Range Optimization) at max quality (100% JPG).

Additional notes:
Date of photos taken: 2020-10-17
Time: approx. 11 to 1pm
Temperature: 57F
Cloudy (5% change of rain)

PS: I forgot to take selfies, will do another round in a few days when the weather gets better again (currently raining).

4 Likes