Troubleshooting NFC payments or other NFC related issue

If your NFC (for payments or other applications) is not working as expected, then try the following:

1. Make sure NFC is enabled under Settings > Connections
  2. Reboot
  3. Soft reset
  4. Open the back cover to see if the NFC pins on the motherboard are touching properly to the NFC antenna on the back cover.

We had a customer whose NFC antenna was not aligned properly and was not touching the pins. If you think this could be an issue for you, then contact us.

1. If your NFC was working earlier or you don’t think the pins is an issue, then do a full factory reset.
3 Likes

Woah! My Teracube 2e’s NFC antenna was NOT connecting properly because an errant screw was jammed between the pins!

The photo is of the antenna contacts on the back cover. Notice the two symmetrical depressions, one on each square, which are supposed to be there. The larger depression in the middle is from the screw, which apparently was “shorting” the antenna.

I cleared out the errant screw using the credit card I was trying to read with WakDev’s NFC Tools, snapped the back cover on, and voila, the app could read my card confirming the antenna was properly connected.

Sorry, I did NOT get a photo of the errant screw lodged between the pins.

2 Likes