Turning OFF the small LED to the right hand side of the notch when phone is locked and unlocked

Hi, I’m sorry to keep bugging you about this… My writeup about the battery charging limit setup is still not where I think it needs to be.

On the 2e User Guide page, it is shown under “Common Questions” but not under “How to” on the left side of the page. I think in needs to be included in the “How To” list.

Then also, on support.myteracube.com there’s another short “How to” list. Shouldn’t the battery stuff be included there too? It’s at least as important as “Hide the Camera Notch.”

I’m bugging you because this charge limit feature is a significant asset for the 2e. It reduces the battery wear rate significantly and can extend the battery lifespan significantly. The 2e makes it possible for the user to replace the battery easily. The charge-limit feature makes it possible to reduce how often you need to replace the battery. This should appeal to those same users!

I’m also puzzled by the need for separate logins to community and support. Seems strange you do that to your users.

regards, Dave, 913-707-4527

1 Like

I also have the issue of the LED blinking even without having any notifications. I got used to the light meaning I have something to check on the Teracube One and now I’m constantly checking just in case I actually have an email or missed call even if I know it’s not likely.

I’ve turned off the blink light option in the settings with no effect at all.

Hi @Dave_Allen1 - thank you for the reminder. @robert has plans to update the 2e user guide soon. You are right - the battery charge limit is something many users might care about.

Regarding the separate logins - our forums and the support site are currently hosted on separate platforms. That is also something we are working on improving - potentially in a month or so.

2 Likes

Sharpies and oil pastels don’t work at all, but a small strip of green masking tape cuts it down to just an informative glow; initial piece came off pretty quickly, so now I’m trying a longer narrow strip that wraps around the edge of the case, with most of it inside the protective cover.
Might try a dab of acryllic paint, if I had some around. Or using a little super glue to glue on a bit of lighting gel.

1 Like

For those of us who are light-sensitive (I work in theatre, a blinking white light means something), I need to be able to SILENCE this damn thing. It is strong enough to light up my ceiling at nite, and that’s not ok. Please, Teracube folks, find a way to include turning that off in the next update — not the next iteration of the phone, but this phone’s update! Thank you

2 Likes

Yes - this is something that we have heard loud and clear from the community. The LED can be enabled/disabled in the software and we should have a setting for that in the next update.

5 Likes

Good to hear, i’d love to be able to set it just for new notifications as well.

Just adding my voice to the chorus: I find notifications to be a completely passive activity - they exist as a list that I look at when I want to look at it, and to alert me (normally via my watch) when something new comes in, but other than that… no. I don’t want a light flashing 24/7 telling me that my phone has notifications. It always does.

Anyway, glad the request is heard, and looking forward to the update. It’s a very minor thing compared to the other more serious issues I’ve got with the 2e, but will still be a welcome improvement :slight_smile:

Also looking forward to it! Thanks for looking into this :slight_smile:

@Sharad Is there any update on this… My light is now flashing all the time screen, on or off. And none of the sliders in the settings make any changes…it just blinks all day every day… I’m temped to rip the phone apart and physically remove the led…

Hi @Chaz_Alberti - I have raised the priority for this setting addition (option to disable notification led). Will follow up soon.

3 Likes

Might be worth mentioning that the option is already there (search “light” in the settings - Notifications → Blink light), but it just doesn’t work to disable it.

Honestly, part of it is just not knowing what the light is trying to say. If I had to suggest a more user-friendly thing to do, an option to wake/light the lock screen when a notification makes a sound would be nice. A step further would be to isolate the notification that caused a sound alert, and display only that notification (but we can’t have everything, lol). When the phone makes a noise, it gets my attention and I look at it - would be nice if it’d display what it’s making noise about :wink:

At the moment, just a light that says “something is in the notification queue” is useless, as there’s always something (often many things) there. haha

1 Like

is that changing light color on the terracube 2e?

I do not believe so, no.

Just to share a little bit on what I have realized. Seems anything in teracube 2e notification tray triggers the LED light. I just realized my Google weather forecast also can trigger it. As temporary solution for the bright LED light, I just put it upside down since the case corner can prevent the screen from touching the surface where I put the phone on.

Do I understand correctly that up to now there is no possibility to disable the LED? It is disturbing in the night. Always telling “Look at me Look at me”

Not yet. We have a code patch to disable the LED completely - will make its way to the next build.

2 Likes

I can’t believe this is still an issue that hasn’t been solved. I have to put the phone under a blanket to be able to sleep. Total fail! Please find a way for us to eliminate that in our 2e’s. Please.

…any update on this? The piece of plastic i glued to my phone to block the light finally fell off… Can we get an update on when this is getting patched out…Before i rip open the phone to remove this cursed light. I tried disabling it in the setting again but it still doesn’t seem to work… so the light still flashes constantly screen on or off… notification or no notification…

Hi @Chaz_Alberti - The fix is part of our Android 11 build which is behind its schedule now. We will post on forums (and send email) once it is ready.