Turning OFF the small LED to the right hand side of the notch when phone is locked and unlocked

Yes - this is something that we have heard loud and clear from the community. The LED can be enabled/disabled in the software and we should have a setting for that in the next update.

5 Likes

Good to hear, iā€™d love to be able to set it just for new notifications as well.

Just adding my voice to the chorus: I find notifications to be a completely passive activity - they exist as a list that I look at when I want to look at it, and to alert me (normally via my watch) when something new comes in, but other than thatā€¦ no. I donā€™t want a light flashing 24/7 telling me that my phone has notifications. It always does.

Anyway, glad the request is heard, and looking forward to the update. Itā€™s a very minor thing compared to the other more serious issues Iā€™ve got with the 2e, but will still be a welcome improvement :slight_smile:

Also looking forward to it! Thanks for looking into this :slight_smile:

@Sharad Is there any update on thisā€¦ My light is now flashing all the time screen, on or off. And none of the sliders in the settings make any changesā€¦it just blinks all day every dayā€¦ Iā€™m temped to rip the phone apart and physically remove the ledā€¦

Hi @Chaz_Alberti - I have raised the priority for this setting addition (option to disable notification led). Will follow up soon.

3 Likes

Might be worth mentioning that the option is already there (search ā€œlightā€ in the settings - Notifications ā†’ Blink light), but it just doesnā€™t work to disable it.

Honestly, part of it is just not knowing what the light is trying to say. If I had to suggest a more user-friendly thing to do, an option to wake/light the lock screen when a notification makes a sound would be nice. A step further would be to isolate the notification that caused a sound alert, and display only that notification (but we canā€™t have everything, lol). When the phone makes a noise, it gets my attention and I look at it - would be nice if itā€™d display what itā€™s making noise about :wink:

At the moment, just a light that says ā€œsomething is in the notification queueā€ is useless, as thereā€™s always something (often many things) there. haha

1 Like

is that changing light color on the terracube 2e?

I do not believe so, no.

Just to share a little bit on what I have realized. Seems anything in teracube 2e notification tray triggers the LED light. I just realized my Google weather forecast also can trigger it. As temporary solution for the bright LED light, I just put it upside down since the case corner can prevent the screen from touching the surface where I put the phone on.

Do I understand correctly that up to now there is no possibility to disable the LED? It is disturbing in the night. Always telling ā€œLook at me Look at meā€

Not yet. We have a code patch to disable the LED completely - will make its way to the next build.

2 Likes

I canā€™t believe this is still an issue that hasnā€™t been solved. I have to put the phone under a blanket to be able to sleep. Total fail! Please find a way for us to eliminate that in our 2eā€™s. Please.

ā€¦any update on this? The piece of plastic i glued to my phone to block the light finally fell offā€¦ Can we get an update on when this is getting patched outā€¦Before i rip open the phone to remove this cursed light. I tried disabling it in the setting again but it still doesnā€™t seem to workā€¦ so the light still flashes constantly screen on or offā€¦ notification or no notificationā€¦

Hi @Chaz_Alberti - The fix is part of our Android 11 build which is behind its schedule now. We will post on forums (and send email) once it is ready.

Just upgraded to android 11ā€¦ and it still flashes constantly :tired_face:

It appears to still constantly blink while battery saver is on and then the light is on constantly while plugged in

LED light notifications have been improved quite a lot from Android 10. We will bring in additional control later.

I have been updated to android 11 since they were available and I feel like only recently (in the last month or so) have I noticed that the light is always blinking again. It was corrected at some point but seems to have reverted. Maybe in 11.0.2 it came back and Iā€™m just realizing?
@Sharad any thoughts? Is the 11.0.3/4 good to download now and itā€™s fixed in that update? not clear from the main thread

Just polishing up a few things on 11.0.4. Should have it out soon. And yes - it should have the notification-led fix as well.