The visual voicemail piece of the native Phone app is not working, I have T-Mobile. I was previously using a Pixel XL before the Teracube and the visual voicemail worked just fine for me on T-Mobile. That being said after searching on Google before posting here, it appears that in the past there were a handful of people who had this issue. There are some described fixes involving installing and uninstalling the T-Mobile visual voicemail version of the app. This did not work for me.
The only thing I can think of is my Pixel XL was on Android 10, but I fell my visual voicemail was working before the Android 10 update was pushed to my Pixel XL late last year.
Here is my issue more descriptively:
- In the phone app I go to Settings > Visual Voicemail and turn it to on
- A small message pops up below the setting title “Activating voicemail”
- Wait a minute or so with no change to the activation status
- Back out of settings
- On the Voicemail tab of the Phone app a message at the top says
“Visual voicemail isn’t working”
“Call voicemail to finish setting it up”
- I call my voicemail and listen to a saved message all the way through and hang up
- No change in the message, repeat steps above with some results
- Leave it sit for hours hoping it’s activating in the background or something, try calling voicemail again as the message still suggests to do, no luck
Is anyone else having issues with the visual voicemail?