2e Impressions and Thoughts with /e/ OS

was the phone in fact shipped to me with a signed /e/os ?

No - all /e/ OS phones would have bootloader unlocked and /e/ OS not signed by our keys. Otherwise it will not boot. However it does have the original /e/ OS build.

Yes, please ! :pray:
It would be soooooo awesome ! :star_struck:

2 Likes

I just got my 2e with /e/ preinstalled today, and while I was prepared not to be able to charge with USB C to USB C, I cannot seem charge the phone at all, either with Samsung or Apple USB A chargers and a USB A to USB C cable, or by plugging that cable into a (plugged in) laptop USB A port. Am I missing something? Is there any difference between USB A to USB C cables that would affect charging (the one I have is new, but not the specific one from this post). Does anyone have the exact voltage/current values of the Teracube charger that they can share? Iā€™d buy one, but theyā€™re all sold out.

I am currently using a Moto G4 Play that I rooted and installed /e/ on myself, and I am a big fan of the operating system and the partnership with Teracube. I think itā€™s great that Teracube doesnā€™t automatically inlcude a charger, exceptā€¦ this is like the one device Iā€™ve gotten in the last decade that actually needed one, so Iā€™m struck by the irony there.

Hey @ecs. Iā€™m using a Samsung EP-TA200 adapter that originally came with my Galaxy S9! The output values on the adapter are 9.0v/1.67A or 5.0v/2.0A. A real Samsung adapter (not compatible) can be had for around $12 on Amazon. Good luck!

Marc

2 Likes

Thanks! So far, I have tried EP-TA12JWE and EP-TA50JWE Samsung chargers, and they do not work.

5V/2A works flawlessly iirc.
I use a Xiaomi charging brick and it works great

I can confirm.

Thanks @Gagan and mcmd - after some back and forth with Tech Support, we think I actually have a faulty USB-C port, so Iā€™m going to exchage for a new phone. Turns out finding a good charger might not be as hard as I thought! It was a frustrating start to using the phone, but at least I hadnā€™t transferred everything over yet.

Iā€™ll add your chargers to the list I started.

3 Likes

Installed /e/ 0.18 earlier this week, and just updated to 0.19. Really happy with the experience so far !

Only two things Iā€™ve noticed are :

1 Like

Does anyone else have issues with the default browser being reset after restart? I have Brave installed and after every restart the default reverts back the stock browser.

Thatā€™s an interesting phenomenon. Have you tried Bromite, which is what the default /e/ browser is based from? I use it regularly and have not experienced the issue you raise. May be worth a try. Good luck!

I have used stock Bromite and the DuckDuckGo browser, and with neither does the OS revert to the default browser after reboot. Iā€™m waiting to see what happens when I install an update, though.

Recent versions of Brave seemed to fix this.