[Advanced Users][10.0][BETA] LineageOS 17.1 [UNOFFICIAL][2e]

NOTE: These instructions only work for Teracube 2e sold and shipped in 2021. They do not work for the 2022 batch yet. Read more here.

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

**UPDATE (May 22, 2021): **

Release: Lineage 17.1 Beta

Fixed Bluetooth Audio.
Improved overall system stability.
Everything working as listed below in the original post.

Bugs:
WiFi calling
Encryption

This is a beta ROM for the Teracube 2e (2e), please use on your own discretion.

What works?
• Boots
• RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
• Wi-Fi
• Hotspot
• Bluetooth
• Video Playback
• Camera
• Flash
• Audio
• Sensors
• LED
• GPS
• VoLTE
• ViLTE

What doesn’t work?
• Bluetooth Audio (Bluetooth calls work, music doesn’t)
• WiFi calling

Installation
• Flash the recommended TWRP from below.
• Reboot to TWRP, and proceed to do a factory reset.
• Download the latest LineageOS build, OpenGapps if you wish to use Google apps, Magisk if you want root.
• Flash LineageOS, then OpenGapps (optional) and Magisk (optional), and reboot.

Downloads:
• LineageOS: https://github.com/2e-dev/releases/releases/tag/v1.0
• TWRP: malvibuilds - Browse /Teracube-2e/TWRP at SourceForge.net
• OpenGapps: https://opengapps.org

Kernel Sources: https://github.com/2e-dev/kernel_teracube_2e

Special thanks to Teracube for their support and help throughout the process of development.

Contributors
Gagan Malvi, Kshitij Gupta
ROM OS Version: Android 10
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.9.y
Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

2 Likes

After this exits beta, will it become a official Lineage endorsed distribution, or will this be a separate thing forever?

Hopefully after it exits beta it shall be an official LineageOS distribution.

2 Likes

Fixed the fingerprint issue, building with the hotfix.
Thanks to Kshitij sir for helping me out!

Bluetooth calls work but music doesn’t? That’s the opposite of my problem right now in LOS 17.1 GSI. Music is fine, but when I try a call, I hear myself coming through the earbuds.

Release has been updated. Sorry for any inconveniences caused.

this would be great but i have to have wifi calling. ill have to wait till its fixed

Do the GSIs have Vowifi?

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1VvdLgZOPSBvVOIHnkOYF-qjApq3AC9Kb?usp=sharing

Here are the screenshots, if you’d like.

I will be pushing a fixed build with Bluetooth Audio working, and as for WiFi calling, I haven’t got anything ahead ;-;

Offtopic, but here’s something interesting!

Styx Project, my own custom ROM project for the Teracube 2e :slight_smile:
https://styxproject.tk
An alpha will be released soon hopefully, there’s a lot of bugs

2 Likes

UPDATE

Release: Lineage 17.1 Beta

Fixed Bluetooth Audio.
Improved overall system stability.

Bugs:
WiFi calling
Encryption

This is a BETA build, please use on your own discretion.

1 Like

Anyone interested in Paranoid Android? :wink:

1 Like

Is there a way to turn on encryption?

Has been fixed, will be pushed soon. Change reflected in all ROMs, /e/, Lineage, PA.

1 Like

That is nice! I look forward to it.

Thank you very much for your work on this project. I really value that there will be alternative ROMs available for the Teracube 2e in the future.

Thank you for your kind words.
Paranoid Android has released. Paranoid Android Ruby Beta 1 - Teracube 2e | XDA Developers Forums (xda-developers.com)

Out of curiosity, now that the codebase is merged for the teracubes, what’s the road plan looking for lineage and other custom ROMs? Does it change anything in regards to the process, like a streamlined single process to rollout, say, Lineage OS 17.1 for both Teracube 1 and 2e? :slightly_smiling_face:

The merged codebase is still in alpha stages and has not been used for any builds yet. Based on my understanding, running GSIs is the best since the same GSI runs on any phones.

1 Like

Nope, it doesn’t change anything related to the process of rollout for Lineage or other custom ROMs.
In stock ROM builds, before there used to be 2 different codebases for each device to compile from, which increased the time and complexity to work on. Now those codebases are merged, hence enabling both devices to compile from the same codebase. That still means there are device-specifc builds but now they’re on the same codebase from which they have been compiled.

2 Likes

We are now preparing for Lineage 18.1 (Android 11) builds.
Encryption now works, the only issue is sadly WiFi calling.
Android 10 builds might be continued.

1 Like