[Advanced Users Only][Teracube 2e 2nd Batch (SN: 2021)] LineageOS 18.1 Beta [emerald]

anybody who has used lineage can confirm if they have volte working and no fall back to 3g? what services are you using?

Development has moved on to Android 12.1 and commonizing both the 2020 and 2021 variants of the Teracube 2e. I’ll be letting you know positively of any improvements.

As for TWRP, it is not possible to have it on the 2021 variant of the Teracube 2e because the recovery now resides in the boot partition and the boot partition is overwritten every update for kernel updates. It doesn’t really make sense to maintain TWRP for something that is anyways going to be overwritten and it also breaks OTA upgrades on the 2020 unit as well.

Teracube 2e 2021 (emerald)

1 Like

Does this mean LineageOS 18.1 for the 2e can be considered stable? If so, great news!

A potentially dumb question, as I have good familiarity with TWRP and flashing LineageOS’ official zip archives, but none with SP Flash and fastboot updates. Are the updates cumulative, i.e. do I just need to flash the base image via your instructions at the start of this thread, then flash the June fastboot update and I’m good to go?

Thanks for all your hard work. I’m very excited to run Lineage on my 2e.

You can directly flash the fastboot update. It will flash all the necessary partitions needed for Lineage.

i understood the instructions to issue:

$ fastboot update lineage_emerald-img-eng.gagan.zip 
--------------------------------------------
Bootloader Version...: unknown
Baseband Version.....: 
Serial Number........: 202111T2E001822
--------------------------------------------
extracting android-info.txt (0 MB) to RAM...
Checking 'product'                                 FAILED

Device product is 'emerald'.
Update requires 'yk673v6_lwg62_64'.

fastboot: error: requirements not met!

but that did not work. what did i do wrong?

@mdt: Check your version of fastboot and adb using ‘fastboot --version’ (and ‘adb version’). Gagan was able to diagnose that I had an old version.

Installing fastboot/adb with ‘sudo apt install’ puts an old version on my system. Download it from android . com, (then add PATH to bashrc).

I saw the particular error you’re getting when I started the process from the phone’s fastbootd screen (it looks like a recovery screen) instead of fastboot. Starting the process from the fastboot screen gave me a “FAILED (remote: This partition doesn’t exist)” since I had an old version installed. Updating to latest fastboot and starting the process from fastboot, and not fastbootd, should work.

Hope that helped.

oh, ok, there are two fastboot modes! the other works just fine. adb reboot fastboot reboots to the wrong one - weird. but during flashing it reboots to that mode again…

so now the long process went through and reports OKAY (only some “archive does not contain …”).

after reboot i do not have a new system - it is still android 11. hm, what’s wrong?

btw: funny thing: rebooting does not reset the modem. i do not have to re-enter the pin. it that intended?

and: if you would move the boot splash screen a bit to the top it would look much nicer because the text doesnt destroy the image.

All the builds linked in this thread are LOS 18.1, which is Android 11. The update package should have a more recent Security level (Click on ‘About phone’ - Android version - Android security update).

Gagan just posted a picture with LOS 19.1 on Android 12.1, not the build. You can ask him if he has a 19.1 build you can use. Maybe he will start an LOS 19.1 thread at some point (for both T2e).

I don’t know about the modem and pin.

with the june update i cannot issue phone calls anymore. i can take calls but not initiate calls.

the dialer app stays in the state “initiating call” (dont know if that is the coreect translation back) for ever it seems to be crashed. i cannot end the app, for some time the status icon for ongoing call is shown but no more. any idea whats wrong?

and here the fact that the modem is not completly reset during reboot or switch off/on (noticable because the PIN has not to be entered) hurts because the dialer app notices that the modem is still in a strange state and you can’t even start a call.

And in the app-switcher the icon and preview of the app is gone as well…

Can someone confirm this behaviour or is it a problem only here?

I had no trouble with the June update at all. Sorry to hear about yours.

can you check if you need to enter the pin if you reboot the phone (by software, not by removing the battery)?

it seems that the modem kind of crashes here due to bad reception if i initiate a call. because it is not completly reset on reboot i need to remove the battery to completly restart the phone including the modem.

the other effect (no icons/preview of app in chooser) disapeared later that day…

@mdt - I just completed a software reboot. Once it booted, it showed the
lock-screen, where I was able to enter my pin/password to log in. I then
called my voicemail to confirm that calling works. No problems observed.

was that the phone pin/pwd or the pin for the sim? or dont you have a pin on your sim at all? a sim-pin should be requested before the logscreen, or am i wrong?

Ah, sorry for misunderstanding. Nope, I don’t have a PIN for the sim,
just a password to unlock the phone. Sloppy of me, I know.

Felt like I should give an update on the current dev status: We’ve got 12L stable, enforcing, ironing out a few small snags right now that the internal testers pointed out. A release should be imminent by the end of the week.

2 Likes

As I’d promised, here’s Lineage 19.1 for T2e 2021.

as before: please, please link to download & instructions directly to make it easy for everyone! thank you!

New LineageOS 21.0 is now available at [Advanced Users Only][Teracube 2e 2nd Batch (SN: 2021)] LineageOS 21.0 [emerald]

1 Like