[Advanced Users Only][Teracube 2e 2nd Batch (SN: 2021)] LineageOS 21.0 [emerald]

NOTE : These builds ONLY WORK for the Teracube 2e 2nd batch (SN: 2021), and not 1st batch (SN:2020). Please read the differences here carefully and flash accordingly.

If you are looking for Lineage for SN:2020 T2e, then please wait builds will be out shortly after.

LineageOS is a free, community-built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 14, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

What works?

• Almost everything

What does not work?

• FM Radio

Installation notes:

• Please UNLOCK your bootloader before continuing.
  • Builds are otapackages only.
  • Please flash these builds on devices that were shipped in 2022. Read the upper note for help.
  • To restore stock you will have to factory reset, follow the instructions here.

Installation instructions:

1. Unlock bootloader .
  2. Download the LineageOS build here.
  3. Download the recovery image here.
  4. Power off the device, and boot it into bootloader/fastboot mode.
  5. Flash the downloaded image files to your device by typing:
    fastboot flash boot boot.img
  6. Now reboot into recovery to verify the installation:
    fastboot reboot recovery
  7. Now tap Factory Reset , then Format data / factory reset and continue with the formatting process. This will remove encryption and delete all files stored in the internal storage, as well as format your cache partition.
  8. Return to the main menu.
  9. Sideload the LineageOS .zip package:
    adb sideload filename.zip
    Replace filename.zip with downloaded LineageOS build e.g adb sideload lineage-21.0-20240204-UNOFFICIAL-emerald.zip
  10. Reboot to system

Version Information
Source Code: ​Kernel source ​​​
ROM OS Version: Android 14
Security patch level: 2024-02-05
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.19
Based On: AOSP

2 Likes

Incredible work!

This makes me excited for the possibility of A14 /e/ with this base image.

New build with February 2024 security patches are available at:
lineage-21.0-20240216-UNOFFICIAL-emerald.zip
boot.img

3 Likes

As a longtime Cyanogenmod/LineageOS user on previous phones, this is truly great to have. I have 3 hopefully-easy questions:

1. Can we anticipate ongoing updated versions with new security patches?
  2. If so, can they be installed without doing a factory reset?
  3. Now that Lineage 21 GApps are available, can we flash Google Apps right after Lineage, as is possible with “official” builds? (Unfortunately I do need the full Play Store and some other services.)

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi,

1. Yes, I do plan to regularly update these builds.
  2. Yes, There’s plan to even have ota updater on these builds in near future.
  3. Yes, you will be prompted to reboot to recovery after the install. Select yes and then sideload Gapps and reboot to system.
3 Likes

Any timeline for the 2020 build?

Excellent, thanks. Lineage installs smoothly, but I tried 6 times and even though MindTheGapps seemed also to install smoothly, the various Google apps and services are simply not present on the phone after booting to system.

It turns out the one crucial app I thought I needed from Google Play (a secure wifi configuration tool for my workplace) is also available on Amazom appstore, so between Amazon, fdroid, and a bit of apkmirror and sideloading I should be okay app-wise. And I like the idea of trying to go Google-free. (I’ll miss Aqua Mail, but I hear K-9 is much better than it used to be and FairMail is pretty good.)

Still, any ideas on what went wrong with GApps?

1 Like

Soon! I’m awaiting any feedback on the current builds. :grinning:

2 Likes

In case it helps, this build is excellent. Everything that doesn’t need Play Services runs great, the battery life is much better than on stock 11 (probably due to lack of play services), all the default settings are sane, and I no longer need to reboot every day or two in order to get phonecalls and SMS to keep working. The phone still won’t charge from a USB-C charger but it will from a USB-A charger with converter cable, so I’m guesing that’s a hardware glitch.

1 Like

What Type-C charger is giving you trouble?

I was routinely using a Dell XPS charger for my emerald units until the charger got pushed a firmware by Dell Update.

Now, it takes minutes (!) to negotiate a charging rate with my phone, but will eventually lock in at around 3,000mAh. Prior to that, it will show as not charging.

I’d been trying the charger from a 2018 Macbook Air. Even leaving it plugged in for ~15 minutes, it still doesn’t charge. But I just tried the charger from an Acer Chromebook 713 and it immediately started charging. I had no idea the chargers could be so finicky and different, so thanks :).

1 Like

Yeah, USB charging isn’t a simple thing like old analog/barrel chargers.

The two devices handshake and negotiate charging rates and other capabilities, and if the two don’t agree, they stop communicating.

It is both cool and annoying :stuck_out_tongue:

Silly question, would I be able to make a titanium backup of my apps and data while on the current official build, and then move over to lineage and restore the backup on there?

1 Like

Mostly yes, though some items based on system data or a different architecture may not transfer well.

It’s why backups between zirconia 10 (anything) or 11.0.4 and 11.0.0 through 11.0.3 don’t play perfectly together. Sometimes they work, sometimes they don’t, but most programs will keep most of their data most of the time. :slight_smile:

Regarding emerald, I’d assume there’s a similar disconnect between 11.0.0-11.0.3 and 11.0.4 but without an emerald device, I can’t speak with any authority.

Sahil - This is terrific, is there an approximate ETA for the Zirconia version? (We really -need- LineageOS on Zirconia). I’m happy to install test builds and report issues/bugs.

Zirconia will be added soon!

3 Likes

A type c to type c cable is not supported