[Advanced Users Only][Teracube 2e 2nd Batch (SN: 2021)] LineageOS 18.1 Beta [emerald]

On another note, do you want a Google apps build too?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

I decided to go back to stock and try to see if volte was working only to find that on stock it does go to 3g upon calling and receiving calls APN matches with what is online but i cannot edit it for some reason. Anything you can suggest i try to get volte working? Edit: ##4636## comes back with error connection problem or invalid MMI code. I can confirm Volte works on Stock rom h915 on my lg v20.

I tried following the rooting instructions like i have for lineage for stock rom and I keep getting the error upon using fastboot flash recovery

Writing ā€˜recoveryā€™ FAILED (remote: ā€˜This partition doesnā€™t existā€™)
fastboot: error: Command failed

any idea why it cannot find the partition? I used the right boot from the stock image not lineage.

The recovery partition does not exist on emerald, since the partitioning of the device is A/B instead of the regular A on zirconia.

Neither Lineage, nor stock ROM have that partition, you might have downloaded the wrong package.

Hi Gagan, for the stock image the boot file was what I have extracted from the Emerald stock image file. After careful consideration I might just go with the teracube one due to software maturation. How would I go about returning the 2 devices and prepare to order the teracube one?

Guess I didnā€™t consider the teracube 1 to be not in stock I will continue to tinker with this model in the coming days.

(asterisk)(hash)(asterisk)(hash)4636(hash)(asterisk)(hash)(asterisk)
*#*#4636#*#*
I just realized the community portal uses * for bold.

1 Like

Iā€™ll be unifying everything under a new ROM specific to Teracubes only very soon, so I donā€™t think itā€™ll be much of an issue :slight_smile:

1 Like

I just tried it but nothing comes up I suspect the phone might not be provisioned so I will call my phone provider and get back to you with the results. *Edit: seems android 11 is not liked by most of my apps however it works well under lineage 17 (upgraded from 16) when tested under my old lg v20 would it be asking alot to have 1 build to see how well it would play out? If it is alot of work donā€™t bother just frustrated with the incompatibility I am faced with. Apps: root call sms manger, having magisk call recorder write directly to SD card not possible. 2nd Edit: just noticed th first batch has a lineage 17 build can it easily be placed on emerald somehow?

Android 11 has set a few restrictions in place in order to improve security and overall UX, which neither we nor LineageOS have control over. We can revert those changes, but it will only cost us time and will reduce user security which we do not prefer.

As for your question regarding Lineage 17.1 on the newer units, Iā€™m sorry to say it is not possible due to a newer partition layout and bootloader firmware. It will result in a brick which might be irrecoverable.

1 Like

Thank you Gagan,

I will continue to tinker and await the lineage 18 you will be releasing later this month with upcoming fixes such as double tap to wake and Google apps added to lineage 18 ^-^.

So I just tried the phone out all day and here is what I found out when compared with my lg v20 which also uses lineage.

MMS does not work at all on the teracube 2e emerald with lineage 18.

NFC is absent

All call recording apps do not work with this phone just user side is present.

Root call sms worked once then upon reboot stop working tried using edxposed, lsposed with Riru and zygist mode with no success and many trial and error.

Star number Star number 4636 LTE only works but when calling I loose connection completely

On the bright side the phone doesnā€™t overheat like my lg v20.

MMS is something I have never used nor tested, so Iā€™ll have to check it up once.
NFC does work fine here though?
As for VoLTE, @jbray had an issue on Cricket that was similar to yours, but it was a carrier side issue.
Can you recheck APNs and try another SIM card in the 2e to test if calls go via 4G?

Just tested my wifeā€™s sim on this phone and double checked the apns on both phones and they match. Call still fall back to 3g and when forced to LTE only I loose signal.

Here is the screenshot of NFC under lineage it is as though it does not exist on this phone or not active in lineage?

Odd I canā€™t seem to upload the image but it is a blank page when I enter the NFC option. I am not able to turn it on under the notification bar as it is darkened.

Iā€™ll have a look at it.
Weā€™ve got a release planned by the end of the month that should be stable enough with OTAs enabled and signed, with a few other goodies that Iā€™m currently writing and playing around with.

1 Like

I noticed when I tried to edit, add files using a file manager in the root partition it states it is full almost as though it is locked out of adding files but I can remove files. The reason I am playing with the root partition is to update the apn file but I am unable to even edit the file. Is this something new to android 11? Earlier versions of Los was capable of such actions. On a side hope I canā€™t wait to have twrp on this mainly for the file manager because it is easier to recover from boot loops especially for those of us who use exposed.

This is neither a Lineage issue nor an Android issue.

System partitions inside super cannot be edited unless we reserve space on those, which we do not do as of now.
Even on TWRP, you would not be able to edit files in the system partitions because of the abovementioned reason.
This occurs on ALL ROMs, including stock.

As for TWRP, at least from my end, it isnā€™t a priority until I get everything sorted out on both 2e units and the Teracube One.

Hi Gagan,

After testing this build for a few days it looks solid no crashes. Would it be possible to upload a build with updated apn to verify if volte works with lineage as well as confirmation if any work was done to NFC as it is not working at the moment?