Update (Aug 14, 2020): SW7 is now rolling out automatically to everyone via the Wireless update. If you have not received the notification yet, you can get it started by going to Settings > System > About > Wireless update.
If the update is not showing up on your phone, then please follow these manual steps
We have been testing Android 9 SW7 update for some time and would like to open it for Beta testing to the community. This is a OTA update file and is meant to preserve your data and settings.
- May Android security updates
- Wireless emergency alerts.
- Download the update zip file directly on the phone (or transfer the zip to the phone). Link here.
- Goto Settings > System > About phone > Wireless Update
- Click top-right 3 dots > Local updates
- Tap “Internal storage” and browse to Downloads or wherever you transferred/downloaded the update zip file.
Note 1 : If Internal storage does not show anything, then reboot the phone.
Note 2 : Do not download the update to SD card.
- Select the file and continue the update process.
- Phone will power off and restart by itself. Don’t press power button.
Post your questions and feedback here. Would love some of you to get involved.