[Beta 2] Android 13 for Teracube 2e

So, theoretically one can restore Android 11 and then transfer, then install this update?
The last time I changed phones I recall the transfer process didn’t work without the online backup feature…

1 Like

If the phone you want the app data from has a pending OTA upgrade to Android 11, sure.

Otherwise, you would need to do a manual flash which will result in data loss, so I do not think it would help you.

1 Like

Hello everyone and team Teracube!
Sorry guys, but your software support and cadence of updates are atrocious!
Last weekend I installed /e/OS 1.20 from the scratch and could not believe how fast and responsive it was! The boot time is like 10 times faster than on the current Android 13 beta 2. I will stick to /e/OS as for now and wish you luck if you change your plans on software development for Teracube series.

Did you have to flash it or load it from the update screen?

There is an official installer, I installed it while being on Android 13 beta 2.

Does anyone have a date on a stable 13?

2 Likes

I’ve tried two different known working USB-C headphones and USB audio just doesn’t work at all.

Just wanted to say i’m enjoying android 13 (beta) and can’t wait for an update to a stable version :slight_smile:

Just had a bit of trouble with an app that wouldn’t verify (firebase authentication), which had to do with google play integrity. This fix worked for me:

What OS and version are you on?

Teracube Android 13.0.1 Zirconia build TQ3A.230805.001.B1

1 Like

Yep, PIF (whether Fix or Fork) is the only current way to pass second-level and get device certification, whether rooted or on the uncertified beta. That being said, they do block the specific prints fairly often, so you’ll need to use PAP or something similar to find a valid one when the one built into Fix isn’t passing.

Sidenote - if it’s just that the app doesn’t show due to certification missing, using Aurora Store from F-Droid will allow you to get and update certified-only apps without passing certification, though if the app itself tests for certification, you’ll fail that.

2 Likes

You can try upgrading to Beta2, as Beta1 was deprecated when we launched Beta2.

I do not have USB-C headphones to test with, but if you can give it a go, please let us know how it works.

Saijin - that is Beta 2, Teracube build number 13.0.1+1b5adb0.zirconia.user from the full_zirconia-ota-13.0.1+b5adb0.zirconia.user_signed.zip linked at the top of this thread.

1 Like

Ah, my apologies.

Do you have other USB-C devices to test with? USB Storage or otherwise? Do you know if that works?

A USB-C thumbdrive didn’t work (same worked fine on s10e and Pixel 5). ADB/fastboot/charging all work so I dont think that it’s a physical issue.

1 Like

If the lack of resistors means that we need to pick between consistent charging or accessory support, personally I’d lean towards charging, but ultimately, we might be hardware limited to have a build need to choose between those options for everyone, and with the prior bent supporting accessories, we might need to retain the current functionality state.

1 Like

Hi Sharad, can you tell me if there is any news about Android 14 for teracube 2e Zirconia?
Could you also tell me if there is any news regarding LineagOS support for teracube 2e Zirconia? A thousand thanks

3 Likes

I think expectations are kind of low for Teracube team to evolve further with updates. It’s better to switch to e/OS/ in order to get an updated stable Android.

New certified update is available here!

3 Likes

1st step - Android 13 is now certified. Check it out. Zirconia and Emerald.

6 Likes