[Certified] Android 13.0.3 for Teracube 2e Zirconia (SN:2020)

Note 1: These builds ONLY WORK for the Teracube 2e 1st batch (SN: 2020), and not 2nd batch (SN:2021). Please read the differences here carefully and flash accordingly.

If you are looking for SN:2021 T2e (Emerald), then click here.

We are thrilled to share our 2nd stable (13.0.3+ac02a6e) (Google) certified Android 13 for Teracube 2e. This fixes all upgrade issues from previous Android versions.

:sparkles: What’s New? :sparkles:

:lock: Security

• This update includes security patches to 2024-04-05

:gear: Performance

• We’ve made some under-the-hood improvements to make your device run smoother and faster. This includes updates to the kernel, file systems, and power HAL

:lady_beetle: Bug Fixes

• Fix migration issue from 11.0.4
  • Fix ghost alarm icon glitch
  • Fix random bootloops
  • Fix bootanimation lag
  • Fix local update crashes
  • Fix D2D cable transfer during Setup Wizard and USB OTG devices
  • Fix Live wallpapers

:sparkles: New Features!

• Added MTK PowerOffAlarm

Steps to Upgrade:

1. Download the upgrade zip file directly on the phone (or transfer the zip to the phone).
  1. Goto Settings > System > Updater (or Teracube Updater)
  2. Click top-right 3 dots > Local update
  3. Tap “Internal storage” and browse to Downloads or wherever you transferred/downloaded the update zip file.
    Note 1 : If Internal storage does not show anything, then reboot the phone.
    Note 2 : Do not download the update to SD card.
    Note 3 : Before you update, make sure you have at least 6GB of free storage and your battery is at least 50% charged. This will help ensure a smooth update process.
    Note 4 : Please post your upgrade experience on this thread.
  4. Select the file and continue the update process.
    Note: If the Updater closes or crashes, then try again.
  5. Upgrade process will take a while.
  6. Reboot the phone after the updater says “Update installed”.

Do note, after the update, some users have reported that they lose their launcher - icon and widget arrangement. We’d suggest you take a screenshot of your homescreen before performing the update!

Let us know how it went and post your questions/feedback here. Please keep the comments related to this update itself.

If you experience any errors/issues, you can flash the original factory firmware using the automated installer or SP Flash.

6 Likes

Amazing work!

I’ll be getting on this shortly :smiley:

1 Like

So excited to try this. Will of course wait until I have a few hours to install and let my phone complete the update without touching it, but… congratulations on the release and thanks.

1 Like

Guys, please share your experience with the upgrade, especially for those upgrading from Zirconia 12.1. Thanks in advance!

1 Like

Both my Zirconia and Emerald will be upgrading from A13B2.

The /e/OS folks are also quite excited to see this build!

2 Likes

– I upgraded my second phone (Zirconia, from Android 11.0.4 latest update) and I had to factory reset data… the message said my data was corrupted.

Just my backup phone for testing and so no biggie.

So be sure to backup your stuff.

Is this a problem you can mitigate?

++ Was able to upgrade Google play Services System to april 2024.

3 Likes

Same here. I updated my Teracube 2 11.04 system (Zirconia) to Android 13. After the install and after all the updates, I restarted the phone and the system crashed into a recovery mode. The phone offered only to make a data factory reset or try again. Retrying and restarting did not do anything and failing to recover I did the factory data reset and that did the trick. It seems to have successfully restored everything from the Google backup and the data transferred,successfully, from my Teracube 1. It’s been almost 24 hours and the install is holding up.

2 Likes

No issue migrating Zirconia A13B2 to this build, so that is good.

I’ll notify the team about possible A11 upgrade issues.

Thanks for reporting the A11 upgrade issues, and I’m sorry about that. The team tested and confirmed this path. We will double-check. I’m putting up a note in the main announcement.

2 Likes

Update: Checked with Google play store and there were updates waiting for about 5 apps. Did the update, restarted the phone and was greeted with the attached photo. I’m not a software guy, but did download the “kit” for Win and Linux. It would have helped if the maintainer had some instructions (read me) on how to proceed… Anyways, thanks Saijin and Sharad for the team confirming this and will wait since this is just a stand-by phone.

1 Like

Well this is embarrASSing, after posting this, I left the room for 30 mins. with a blank screen (black). When I got back the phone was on the screen lock…swipe code and everything works!
So I guess I have a non-issue…but lesson learned in patience! So this is not a wasted exercise two questions come to mind 1. Has the button sequence (reboot, recovery etc) changed ?
And 2. Has the developer options disappeared? Can’t find them anywhere.

1 Like

Hi, thanks for reporting. Could you please confirm the build version of A11 e.g 11.0.3,11.0.4,etc.

1 Like

Hi, thanks for reporting. Could you please confirm the build version you were upgrading from. E.g 11.0.3,11.0.4

1 Like
  1. Yes, Google is behind it and you could change them back by going to Settings → System → Gestures → Press & hold power button and change it to power menu.
  2. You can re-enable it from Settings → About phone → Tap Build number 7 times until it says you are No need you are already a developer.
4 Likes

Hi Sahil,
I’ve been on full_zirconia-ota-11.0.4-75a3294.user_signed 4 eva! Seems like a long time at least…
I don’t know what time zone you’re in, but I see you have read the follow up to my post. Thanks for the reply to the 2 questions

1 Like

Hi, thanks for confirming. We had it internally validated but will re-try to reproduce the issue. I’m from IST.

1 Like

11.0.4 if I can recall.
Downoaded upgrades were removed with the wipe, so…

1 Like

Just finishing up the first 24 hours running 13.0.2 on emerald hw.

Everything seems good- re-added a credit card to Google wallet and re-enabled RCS messaging (a little wiser that l don’t have to have RCS.)

The upgrade from 13Beta2 wasnt bad but not completely smooth. Updater showed that the release was available for download (nice!) but the dialogs for proceeding are slightly different than if you manually download and manually navigate to upgrade. Took two attempts- first one seemed to have encountered an unplanned reboot, second one seemed to have also rebooted without warning but upon trying a third time I saw the upgrade had occured, apps and data were happy so onward we go.

As mentioned in the announcement, fingerprint unlock had to be reestablished. I use the Niagra launcher so unsure about homescreen / icon resets.

Along with some of the features that come with a certified release, I’ve got my fingers crossed some of my stability problems will be improved too. So far, so good.

Thanks to those doing the long and hard work to make this update happen!

-PlantP

3 Likes

One note for people doing upgrades is that if you do NOT have security fully configured and active, the upgrade will almost definitely corrupt the data. If you have the fingerprint enabled, encryption on, some form of active screen lock, and all of the other standard security bits enabled, then your upgrade might work without corrupting data. I’ve never successfully had any upgrade work without corruption though when the screen lock and other settings are disabled.
Also, we’ve had a few different kernel builds and the way they store data for the apps (including system apps) isn’t fully compatible between them, so if you successfully upgrade and find lots of apps crashing randomly, your choice is either to wipe data manually on anything incompatible or to do a proper factory reset.
I’ll probably wait until Saturday for my own upgrade so that I’m able to devote the 4-12 hours for the full app reinstall sequence if needed, but am hoping that with not trying to simplify things by disabling the screen lock, etc, I’m able to have a nice smooth experience like the last time I went from 11.0.4 to 13.0.1 which required patience but otherwise was successful.

4 Likes