[Beta] Android 13 for Teracube 2e

Unfortunately, it looks like it might be compiled against too old a version of the Android SDK as I can’t install it on any of my Android 13 phones, just up until Android 12.

1 Like

Hmm… Is it possible to sideload it? I’ve had a couple devices tell me it won’t work, but it does when I install it from an APK myself.

1 Like

I was able to download it on my Ruby, package it back up as an App Bundle using APK Explorer, and then install using SAI.

The app runs fine, but I can not set anything as Live Wallpaper.

It only works for me under Android 12 and below (Ruby and my personal TeraCube One).

Ah, so it’s like it currently is in 11. I would move to 12 if all the features worked. I miss my live wallpapers.

1 Like

I suppose the bigger question is whether 13 has functional live wallpaper support (like 11.0.0 through 11.0.3) or if it’s missing (like 10 and 11.0.4). Considering that the requested app was apparently built for Android 4.0, I’m mostly just surprised it’s still listed and available in the store. As a note, the app is also unavailable for me on Android 11.0.4 due to its broken live wallpaper support.

2 Likes

Hi folks! After trying to update Google Play system on Zirconia Android 13 the system crashed into a recovery mode and the phone offered only to make a data factory reset or try again, but again failing to recover. Factory data reset did the trick so I have sucessfully restored everything from the cloud Google backup.

2 Likes

Which date Play System Update was it?

Also, Zirconia or Emerald?

Hi Saijin! I think it was on July 2023. Zirconia.

1 Like

Thank you! I’m going to try and replicate this.

I updated my zirconia to Android 13 without issue. After a week though I was unable to turn the screen on, however, the phone was still running as I was receiving notifications.
I tried a reboot and ended up at the recovery screen, same as the earlier poster. After several further unsuccessful attempts to boot I factory reset which worked and i restored from Google backup.

About three days later I had the same issue with the screen again but this time I was able to power down the phone and power it back on successfully.

That was about five days ago and so far so good…

2 Likes

Anything to note with either of your phones?

Storage mostly full? Using external storage?

I’ve not been able to replicate this yet.

Did your phone have about a week of uptime continously before this occurrence?

Storage only 30% full, nothing else of note that i can think of.
Yes, was probably a solid week of up time

1 Like

Thanks for reporting this issue. We are hoping Beta2 (coming soon) will resolve it.

2 Likes

@Sharad How about availability of vowifi feature in beta2? Are there any progress?

2 Likes

Right on time :slight_smile:. [Beta 2] Android 13 for Teracube 2e is live now.

2 Likes

Hello so is Google wallet not working on all z model phones?

Google Wallet works as long as you’re able to install the Google Play system update and are on a certified build.

Google Wallet might work (have not checked), but Google Pay will certainly not work on current Android 13 Beta builds or any other uncertified build.

1 Like

Google Wallet and Pay are the same core app in the background, just different skins.

I took Lwc726’s question as asking whether secured storage was broken on all Zirconia phones regardless of build, based on the period a few months back when only release 10.0.6 worked and the certified 10.0.13 and all 11 builds were failing tap-to-pay. If my assumption was correct in terms of the original question then the answer is that your phone needs to be certified with at least the Google Play system update installed, even if you don’t have the full security update.

But yes, none of the 12 or 13 builds released yet are certified, so tap to pay should not work on them yet, unless weird attempts are made and successful.

1 Like

I have downloaded the Update apk file on my phone but I cannot install the update as I do not have the three dots in the top right corner of the updater on my phone.
I am running the 12.1 version.
How can I install this update?

1 Like