Android 9 SW7 software update

Update (Aug 14, 2020): SW7 is now rolling out automatically to everyone via the Wireless update. If you have not received the notification yet, you can get it started by going to Settings > System > About > Wireless update.

If the update is not showing up on your phone, then please follow these manual steps

Manual steps

We have been testing Android 9 SW7 update for some time and would like to open it for Beta testing to the community. This is a OTA update file and is meant to preserve your data and settings.

Changelog:

• May Android security updates
  • Wireless emergency alerts.

Steps

1. Download the update zip file directly on the phone (or transfer the zip to the phone). Link here.
  2. Goto Settings > System > About phone > Wireless Update
  3. Click top-right 3 dots > Local updates
  4. Tap “Internal storage” and browse to Downloads or wherever you transferred/downloaded the update zip file.
    Note 1 : If Internal storage does not show anything, then reboot the phone.
    Note 2 : Do not download the update to SD card.
  5. Select the file and continue the update process.
  6. Phone will power off and restart by itself. Don’t press power button.

Post your questions and feedback here. Would love some of you to get involved.

1 Like

Working well so far for me

1 Like

Installed this morning. So far so good.

1 Like

Seems to have fixed how wifi would always be off after reboot

1 Like

Updated fine. Discovered new Wireless Emergency Alerts app in drawer - nice!

1 Like

Updated fine. Has not solved periodic Wifi disconnects for me. Could be an issue between SSID not being explicitly 2.4ghz or 5ghz or could be an issue with moving between the satellite and router broadcaster

1 Like

That wifi issue is something we are still debugging.

2 Likes

5 posts were split to a new topic: Phone screen not waking up during call (After SW7)

And now more so, every time I play a recorded message in WhatsApp, the first couple of seconds play then the screen blacks out and it’s hard to wake it up.

Can you disable the lift to wake and tap to wake settings, reboot and see if that makes a difference. If not, you might have to follow these basic troubleshooting steps.

Just installed the latest update no problems to report… all seems well.

3 Likes

I installed it last night and it’s working great. No issues so far, but I will be on the lookout for any quirks. :slight_smile:

My current is showing Teracube_S1_06_20200114-1642. Is this the current proper version? Any time I try update since June, this is still the same version.

This is the old version (SW6). If the Settings > System > About > Wireless update does not show you the new update (SW7), then you can follow the “Archive (Beta)” steps in the 1st post.

Thanks for getting back to me. I had to manually download the SW7 update and install that way. Again, Thanks much.

Any news on Android 10/11 update time-frame?

No major news on the Android 10 side. We are working aggressively towards it though. Will share an update in the next 1-2 weeks.