[Broken] [Certified | Pre-rollout] Android 11.0.3 for Teracube 2e 1st batch (SN: 2020)

Check out the newer 11.0.4 update.

Archive

Note : This update is for the 1st batch of T2e (SN:2020 / codename:zirconia)

** Warning **

1. Please backup your data before proceeding.
  2. Check Known issues below before proceeding.

Here is our 4th stable (11.0.3+2ef5777.user) and (Google) certified Android 11 for Teracube 2e (1st batch; SN 2020).

We’ve been listening to your concerns, regarding performance degradation, input latency, downstream 4.9 kernel, oddly high first-boot times and issues with some carriers. This build is based on emerald’s (2nd batch; SN 2021) SW5 build, to bring you it’s enhancements, and upstream security and code while staying close and true to your previous UX.

Full rebase onto 4.19, MediaTek performance and upstream Google + Linux security improvements, and more; changes since emerald’s A11 SW5 build:

• Common kernel-4.19 support
  • Added some critical upstream security patches
  • Full itrusty/km3 support for zirconia
  • Fixed provisioning settings on failed Settings DB upgrade (Unified → Alps only)
  • Fixed issues with power down (partial ATF upgrade)
  • Added double tap to sleep on home screen
  • Added clear all to home screen
  • Added new ringtones
  • Switch to in-house Camera app for faster and more reliable image capture
  • Changed system accents to blue
  • Added GMS common default wallpaper (old wallpapers retained)
  • Added ringtones and sounds from Unified (old sounds retained)
  • Improved IMS support for many Europe carriers
  • Added new bootloader graphics

Known Issues:

1. Few users have reported losing their previous SMS. We are looking into this issue urgently.

2. Users have reported not being able to unlock their device after the update, when a password is set (PIN and Pattern are fine). Please either temporarily remove your password, or temporarily switch to a PIN/Pattern before the update.
    We have found the root cause, and are actively working to fix this issue.

Please proceed only if you are ok with the 2 known issues above.

This update is broken. We have removed the link and are working on a fix.

Upgrade from Android 10 (SW6, SW16, EEA1) or Android 11 (11.0.X):

1. Download the [upgrade zip] file directly on the phone (or transfer the zip to the phone).
  2. Goto Settings > System > Teracube Updater
  3. Click top-right 3 dots > Local update
  4. Tap “Internal storage” and browse to Downloads or wherever you transferred/downloaded the update zip file.
    Note 1 : If Internal storage does not show anything, then reboot the phone.
    Note 2 : Do not download the update to SD card.
  5. Select the file and continue the update process.
  6. It will take a while. The phone will power off and restart by itself. Don’t press power button.

Do note, some users have reported that they lose their launcher - icon and widget arrangement. We’d suggest you take a screenshot of your homescreen before performing the update!

Let us know how it went and post your questions/feedback here. Please keep the comments related to this update itself.

If you experience any errors/issues, you can flash SW6 (original Android 10 firmware) using these instructions.

5 Likes

All the SMS text messages is wipe clean after this update, I did a backup before updating.

Now how do I restore all the SMS text messages from my backup?

Did not observe any major isuues yet, some minor issues are apps setting gone, ringtones resetting.

Icon and Widgets arrangement are intact.

Individual Sim Card On/Off is back, though you have to maually set the Mobile Data perference each time you turn it On/Off.

Battery life improve! Default to 90% Charging Limit.

Just installed. Looks okay so far. Let’s see how it performs in the next days.

Could you tell us which build were you coming from (Android 10-SW16, Android 10-SW6 OR Android 11.0.x) ?

Could you take a screen capture video of what happens (and privately message it to me). You can use the AZscreenrecorder app.

I update from Android 11.0.2

All the previous Blocked Numbers are still there, only SMS texts are all gone.

Is a method of retrieving only the SMS texts without going through the Reset option?

Just updated from Android 11.0.2, language set to Italian.

Unfortunately, now I can only enter 4 characters in the lock screen, seems like it’s automatically registering a pin instead of a password, which means I’m locked out of my phone… not good.

Edit: could anyone send the steps to revert back to 11.0.2?

2 Likes

We have tested SMS restore - all SMS did come back. Not sure what happened in your case. Will wait for maybe 1 more instance of this issue before diving deep into what could have happened.

What backup mechanism are you using? If you are using Google backup and have it enabled on the new build as well, then there is a chance that Google backup already got overwritten with your new SMS state.

It’s worth doing a reset and restore - you will come back to the current state in the worst case.

It did happen for me too, also updating from 11.0.2.
One other funny thing, is that both double tap for waking/putting phone to sleep where disabled by default… even though double tapping worked for sleep :grin:
Everything else is nicely working so far.

Backup by Goggle One. The last backup date currently show was before the update.

So there is a chance of restoring the SMS texts?

Still searching for a solution before going the nuclear option of resetting the phone :pray:

If the date is still old, then yes there is a chance of getting your old texts back.

Are you referring to SMS being lost or something else?

SMS issue, yes
Just that I did not have any backup copy. Not a problem, I had nothing important to keep.

1 Like

Thanks for letting us know. We will put up that alert on the update and start looking into it right away.

1 Like

Was able to repro this issue, looking into it. You won’t be able to revert back to 11.0.2 without even more issues, but we could provide you an update that can be manually applied via SPFT (or fastboot, if you’re unlocked) to fix this issue.

Edit: Found the issue, compiling a build with this fixed.

3 Likes

How do I go about doing that without resetting the phone?

Another issues, USB File Transfer is extremely buggy, Window Explorer keeps crashing and freezing, Teracube 2e is not showing up like before, there is no way of getting it to work.

SMS messages gone.
Camera seems ok.
All the rest seems good so far. :+1:

SMS are gone for me too, looks like a common bug. I don’t care too much about that though, not using them really.

I really like the improved performance. The whole system feels a lot smoother to me. :slight_smile:

Yep, SMS are gone. I have a proble with the camera disfocussing shortly before tajing the picture in short distancess.

Was the camera behavior different before? Macro (short distance) focus struggles a bit on T2e in general. However, the new camera app has a manual focus feature in “Pro” mode. Give it a try.