[Certified] Android 13.0.4 for Teracube 2e Emerald (SN:2021)

Please see the following post:

New update with charge limit is live on Updater. We are working on AT&T issue, users facing issue can rollback to Android 11.

3 Likes

Users experiencing cellular connectivity issues on Android 13, please do the following:

1. Check Settings > System > Updater for any updates. Install any new updates.

2. Reset your APN settings at Settings > Network & internet > SIMs > Access point names > 3-dot > Reset to default.

1 Like

Iā€™ve updated without problems through the auto updater to 13.0.5+ (security patch level 5th of July). Thanks! Seems to be working smoothly, no problems with cellular connectivity (thus far).

Root access is gone now though, is there a way to (easily) root the phone again?

1 Like

Anytime you do a new build, itā€™ll remove root since itā€™s a new bootloader file. On a positive note, after you get used to the re-root process, itā€™s less than five minutes work to extract the boot.img from your update zip, patch it using your Magisk, and then itā€™s just copying to your computer and doing a quick flash. Should be less than 15 minutes total including the reboots.
Note that due to how Google does the current unlocked bootloader warning in Android 13, itā€™ll add 2 minutes to each reboot and at least on Zirconia, it adds an extra 3 minutes while it has a reboot timeout for a total of 7 minutes (two sets of 2 minute bootloader warnings, one 3 minute reboot timeout) additional waiting on each reboot while rooted. This did not happen on 13.0.4, but itā€™s still worth going to 13.0.5 for a Google app that doesnā€™t have broken voice search, integrated battery limiter, updated APN functionality, etc.

2 Likes

Thanks for that, was easy enough to do! Iā€™ve got root again Unfortunately now iā€™m experiencing connectivity problems. Canā€™t make calls or use wi-fi. Mobile ethernet does seem to work, if i activate it manuallyā€¦

Iā€™m not on AT&T, based in Europeā€¦

1 Like

If it broke when you rooted, Iā€™d probably revert back and see if that fixes it. Just repeat with the bootloader, fastboot flash the original unpatched boot, and back to system. If that fixes it, then Iā€™d probably try a different version of Magisk or whatever rooting solution youā€™re using.
Kitsune Magisk was great for hiding but terrible in that it only works for elevating apps on main storage, not the sdcard, and it had a hiatus from February to July. Still the version that had the best compatibility for avoiding detection though.
Alpha Magisk is good if you donā€™t mind changelogs in Chinese.
Canary Magisk is good if you want the most working official branch.
Stable Magisk is good if you plan on ignoring updates for months.

2 Likes

How to extract the original boot from the payload.bin though? Magisk does extract it, but will patch it right away. Thanks again for your help!

1 Like

Oh, Iā€™d just take the update zip, whether from post 1 or from your /data/teracube_updates folder on your phone, open it with your preferred file utility, and extract boot.img from there. :slight_smile: Should get you a clean boot image as well as providing another chance for a ā€œThis download really wasnā€™t corrupted, right?ā€ check.

1 Like

Have you tried these steps?

1 Like

I have, it made no difference unfortunately. I did find a program to extract the boot.img with ( GitHub - tobyxdd/android-ota-payload-extractor: A fast & natively cross-platform Android OTA payload extractor written in Go ), because that file is contained in the payload.bin file these days (older firmware still has it in the regular zip file). With that, i was able to properly root my phone with the 13.0.4+5ae415b build installed (security patch 5th of june 2024).

Itā€™s now working, Iā€™m weary to update it againā€¦

1 Like

The update proceeded successfully until the first restart. I had to factory reset my phone for it to complete the update. After that the phone restarted successfully, but all my data on the phone was wiped.

1 Like

Sorry for the frustration, but there are cases where this might happen.

The team is working to ensure this does not happen on future final releases, as this came up during this past round of Betas.

It wiped all my saved passwords upon doing the update.
Downloaded apps and files remained.
Additionally, I was having major issues that were mentioned in a post about an update earlier this year. But even after updating to the new 13 version they are still occuring.

1 Like

Specifically, which previously mentioned major issues?

1 Like