/e/ OS ROM

Hello, I would be happy if /e/ will work soon on my Teracube 2 e, I wrot withe the /e/ OS people and they told me that you can contact them.

I realy hope to get /e/ work on Teracube

1 Like

We are also working on /e/ for the Teracube 2e, and we hope to bring it out as soon as possible!
The bug list is the same as LineageOS 17.1, and weā€™re working hard to fix it!

8 Likes

Wondering if there are any updates on /e/ or Lineage+Microg?

1 Like

An update will be pushed shortly for the Lineage 17.1 beta release.
I am happy to say that I have fixed Bluetooth calling.
But WiFi calling still stays bugged for some reason. I am trying to find out the actual reason why the service is crashing, and thatā€™s taking a long time.

6 Likes

An official /e/ beta will be rolling out for the Teracube 2e.
Cannot give you the exact concrete date, since I myself have no clue when, but yes, we are now preparing for official /e/ rollout.

5 Likes

Update: Calling out Testers for the Teracube 2e - /e/ Smartphone Operating System / Testing - /e/ community

6 Likes

LineageOS-18.1 Betas have released unofficially, from our side. Do check it out at [Advanced Users][11.0] LineageOS 18.1 [UNOFFICIAL][2e] - Teracube 2e - Teracube Community (myteracube.com)

2 Likes

I continue to see updates about de-Googled OSā€™s being released for the 2e (e.g., Lineage OS and /e/). Are there current development plans for Lineage OS and /e/ releases for Teracube One? Or can one simply install the 2e releases on Teracube One? It would be a shame to see early supporters (i.e., Teracube One owners) left out of these alternative OSā€™s.

1 Like

Hi @Jeff - using the GSIā€™s is probably the best way as of now for T1 users.

2 Likes

Thanks Sarad. Are you aware of any current development plans for Lineage OS and /e/ releases for Teracube One? If so, can you provide any details?

1 Like

As Sharad mentioned, GSIs are your best bet for now. Custom ROMs however should not be too far off, A10 kernel source for T1 is now live:

2 Likes

Hello all, I can confirm there is interest in Google free/Big tech free phones. Iā€™m currently an iOS user whose waiting for my first Teracube 2e to be shipped with /e/ OS by default which should arrive in about a week! Super excited. Decided to leave big tech phones when Apple announced they planned to start scanning all iPhone photos to ID before uploading to iCloudā€¦ I was already disturbed by the Covid tracking software forced on users, but this is the final straw.

2 Likes

Just wondering about your experience with e. First, how/where did you get a 2e with e as default? Second, how did it all work out for you?

I had e running for a couple months to check it out and it was pretty good. Currently running teracubeā€™s Android 11 beta.

1 Like

@icantremember i got the phone with /e/ by default directly from the e shop: https://esolutions.shop/. The Teracube is the only option in the US. I live in a rural area with poor coverage and the phone with /e/ did not support wifi calling which ultimately caused me to abandon using it since it became unusable while I was home. When I would drive to the city it worked great though!

1 Like

Wow I didnā€™t realize e was selling directly. Sorry to hear it didnā€™t work out in the end. What are you using now?

@icantremember For now Iā€™m back to using my old iPhone. But for now they have at least postponed their photo scanning software update.