/e/ OS ROM

Sharad and Teracube worked very hard to get sources for us from MediaTek.

Can you check the source tree here and see if we’re missing anything?

Also, they’re Taiwanese.

1 Like

Hi, while waiting for my Teracube 2E I was wondring which of the listed stretch have been done or will be done :slight_smile: Any update with regards to them?

Actually few of the stretch goals are already working:

1. GSIs with VoLTE working. Check out here.

2. There is already a custom ROM for T1. We are in touch with few custom ROM developers who will soon start work on T2e as well.

5 Likes

would love to see PureOS compatibility! im done with these Tech Giants and their constant listening… Terracube is a company i would love to stand behind!

4 Likes

That’s great! So - just to be sure to get it right - is the linked discussion referring to GSIs on the Teracube 2E? Or the reasoning is that since GSIs work on the T1, they are expected to work on the 2E.

Thank you very much!

1 Like

More this than having TeraCube 2E specific GSIs/testing.

The general idea behind the GSI (Generic System Image) is that it should be mostly hardware/device agnostic, provided the platform is/was Project Treble compatible (though this doesn’t always hold 100% true).

More recent PHH GSIs have been behaving far better with MediaTek platforms, so the hope/idea is that this will hold true going forward.

The instructions to install the GSI and custom roms might be slightly different due to a different filesystem structure. We will get those out soon.

3 Likes

PureOS would be a lot harder for many reasons. However if you are interested in linux, stay tuned :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Please take my money, the most important market right now is linux privacy phones, this spying bs has gone on far enough.

1 Like

Hi @Sharad , is there an ETA for such instructions? :sweat_smile:
I am looking forward as I received 4 teracube 2E for me and my family. Still haven’t used them though, waiting for being able to install the LineageOS GSI.

I’m following up with someone who was able to install GSI. Will provide instructions soon.

3 Likes

Here you go :slight_smile: - [Advanced users] How to install Lineage (or any) GSI on 2e

6 Likes

Thank you!

2 Likes

Teracube 2e will soon receive /e/ OS :slight_smile:

There are some minor bugs left, which we’re fixing as of now :slight_smile:
Official images are being worked on ^^
LineageOS is on its way, so stay tuned!

8 Likes

Welcome!

Excellent news!

Any official ROM development for the One, especially since we managed to get the full device source?

1 Like

This is my favorite post. I can’t wait for an official LOS build, but also excited to get to try /e/!

1 Like

/e/ is coming soon for the Teracube One.
As for LineageOS on the Teracube 2e, we’re already running stable :slight_smile:
Bluetooth Audio is a known issue, we’re on it!

7 Likes

I was hoping for either /e/ or Lineage support and soon I may have both. Gotta say it is unexpected but awesome ! Going to have to do some testing when they’re ready.

3 Likes

Thanks Sharad, that’s amazing! Could properly install and configure LineageOS 18 :slight_smile:

2 Likes

In order to solve the bluetooth problem on Lineage OS 18 GSI:

• Settings > Phh Treble Settings > Misc features > Bluetooth workarounds
  • Select “Mediatek”

:upside_down_face:

3 Likes