LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.
All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.
- Everything should work out of the box.
What doesn’t work?
- STA + SAP concurrency.
- WiFi calling. (untested)
- Revert to SW6 if you are on SW16.
- Clean flash if you’re coming from stock.
- Google Apps installation is not available now, will be fixed via OTA.
- Fastboot Installation - First Installation for best use
- Install Google’s ADB and Fastboot tools from here.
- Download lineage-18.1-2e-20210621_062925-signed-img.zip
- Reboot to bootloader
- Install using fastboot using the following commands -
$ fastboot -w $ fastboot update lineage-18.1-2e-20210621_062925-signed-img.zip
- It will take a long time to flash and boot up, so please be patient.
- OTA ZIP installation via TWRP (not recommended)
- Format data using TWRP.
- Download lineage-18.1-20210621-UNOFFICIAL-2e.zip
- Reboot to recovery.
- Copy the ZIP to storage.
- Flash the ZIP.
- Encryption in TWRP is not working. It can still flash files neatly, but ADB sideload method is preferred. Don’t worry, all your files are still intact.
- Updates will be rolled out via OTA. It is preferred to use LineageOS recovery bundled with the fastboot package to stay sure about OTA updates.
- These builds are production builds, user variant and signed with our keys.
For support, you can contact us on Telegram.