Joyn app and joyn service showing me messages

The main thing with google contacts is the backup.

I UNDERSTAND THAT.
Iā€™ve already acknowledged that I didnā€™t use Google for backup and really donā€™t want to. Probably shouldā€™ve been more judicious about backing up VCF to onboard flashdrive but THATā€™S NOT THE POINT.

Why did all my contacts in the Device memory get wiped and what does it have to do with this JOYN Service thing???

ahoy @Sharad and all,

can anyone comment on whether the Joyn app is removed from the new Android 11 2e build?

thanks, w

Yes - the Joyn app has been removed from Android 11.

3 Likes

thank you @Sharad for the confirmation.

1 Like

why did Joyn decide to go active on my phone NOW (was either the 19th or 20th) when it hasnā€™t ever been active before.

I followed the old instructions from this thread and have denied it permissions to do anything - how do I get it out of my notificationsā€¦

and yes - not having apps I donā€™t want is one of the reasons I bought a terracube phone - if Iā€™m going to start randomly having apps I canā€™t delete off my phone show up without me authorizing their download - I am not only going to stop recommending Teracube products to people - Iā€™ll actually start leaving reviews explaining WHY people shouldnā€™t be purchasing teracube products. - at least with a Samsung or an Iphone people are aware that theyā€™re buying a phone with a bunch of crap they canā€™t delete - but with Samsung and Iphone theyā€™re not having progams download and install in the middle of the night

heck - having programs download and install in the middle of the night is the actions of a malware program from a hacker -

if Joyn is going to not be on Android 11 - when will Android 11 be pushed to the phones?

Make sure you force stop the program right click on it first. Then deny the permissions. One of the biggest issues is itā€™s contacts icon looks a lot like googles. I suspect they did that on purpose. Make sure the app link is also removed from the desk top. I had it show up once when the app was updated and I had to go through the process of killing it again as I accidentally hit it. I am looking forward to the future android update. Except that google continues to make it hard to record calls even in counties it is legal. Considering this is supposed to be to some extent open source sigh it does annoy me to no end. Fortunately a custom made cord and an electronic tape recorder works just have to ensure backing it up.

all I know is Iā€™m watching my battery power get sucked down like crazyā€¦

the majority of what I do in a day is readā€¦ and typically if I get up at 8am, when I go to bed at 2am - I have 74 - 79% battery power left if all I did was read. - if I pull up youtube and listen to music for 2 hours while I take a walk for exercise - when I go to bed Iā€™m at maybe 65% when I go to bed.

the last 3 days Iā€™ve had to put my phone on the charger mid day because itā€™s dropped down to 40% - now I will admit, I had the bright turned up to deal with the sun (normally itā€™s close to as low as it can be without being off) and I was listening to music while cleaningā€¦ - but in driving over 80 miles with my phone on the charger while listening to youtube Friday night - I left Monroe at 50% - with my phone ON THE CHARGER - I got to Spanaway 90 minutes later and my phone was only at 90%

plugged my phone into the wall when I got into my friends house - it was charged to 100% - decided to read and listen to music when I took a bath - bright level set back to my normal dim setting - on wifi - between 9:30pm and 11pm - my phone dropped to 65% - and when put back on the charger - playing music only, screen off - by 1:30am my phone was only at 80%

I donā€™t know if my phone battery has just suddenly had something else go bonkers at the exact same time as this Joyn downloading to my phone - but thatā€™s a huge coincidence

1 Like

Hi @jazilee - this is most likely caused by some other draining app or an issue with the battery. Could you please try a soft reset to see if that fixes the issue?

Also, enable Settings > Duraspeed (this will stop most of the background activity).

had already done both a soft and hard resets.

an individual I am friends with helped me figure out how to update to android 11 - joyn is gone. my battery usage is back down to less than 10% for the entire day unless I decide to listen to music.

have to deal with the fact that my app icons are in the wrong spots, that I canā€™t switch the date to a clock instead and there is an annoying search bar on my phone I canā€™t get rid of - but theyā€™re all things Iā€™ll get used to in time. - I would have had to deal with all of this eventually anyways when my phone updated on its own

A solution is to reset all apps so all permissions are removed. Then will have to restore permissions as you use the apps. I have noticed blue tooth music can use up a fair amount of power along with just using the speaker. If listening to music plus screen time with on full bright plus an app being dumb in the background that can drain things quickly. I travel a lot and have been using my T2 lately. That combo hurts the battery time. But it wasnā€™t much better with other phones I have had. Screen time uses a lot of power at full illumination

Iā€™m experiencing the same issue! Battery doesnā€™t last as long as it did, and the Joyn app just started bothering me. I feel like my phone is warmer than usual, Iā€™m not 100% sure about this. Has your phone been warm? Also, did you just get Joyn recently? I just noticed this today. Itā€™s scary!

Everyone - please install the latest 11.0.4 update to get rid of Joyn app.

1 Like

As part of my troubles with the first SIM I bought for my current US vacation, I updated my phone to the latest Android build, as above. I can confirm that the Joyn app no longer pops up. That was incredibly frustrating for a while there.

Thanks to the Teracube team for saving us from the un-asked-for bloatware that we bought the Teracube to avoid!

1 Like