Message from AT&T About My Phone Not Compatible?

Would moving to T-Mobile or its MVNO’s buy you more time? I haven’t checked the supported device bands against Tmobile.

Edit: Teracube supports Bands 1,2,3,4,5,7,8,12,13,17, TMobile supports Bands 2,4,5,12,66,71. :point_down: Should work!

And👇

https://www.t-mobile.com/support/coverage/t-mobile-network

1 Like

Hi All,

Great news - we have an initial notification from AT&T that Teracube One will be approved on their network (including Cricket) by mid-next week. At that time, all you will have to do is put your SIM in a different phone and then bring it back.

4 Likes

…and now I’ll share another twist:
ATT sent us cheap phones because they think our current phones are not 4G capable (in fact they are, but not NOT VoLTE, or WiFi). For fun, I moved our working SIM from LG V20 to the cheap “Radiant Core” and was able to do VoLTE and wifi calling. Wife carried it for a week and hated it. Put the SIM back into her original LG V20 and went on about our business. Next day, her phone was “deactivated” or whatever. Message when placing calls that we must dial 611 or some 800 from a landline. I called the 800#, reported the issue. Rep said it was deactivated because it was an incompatible phone (despite having worked fine for 2 years with that sim). Rep “reactivated” it and all is well now.

I’m beginning my journey to migrate to VoLTE/WiFi-calling capable devices, and moving off AT&T. Looks like Terracube 2e, on Ting (over T-mobile) will be our solution. At home, I get up to 1 bar of AT&T 4G VoLTE, and 0 bars of any T-Mobile, so WiFi calling is critical.

Wifi calling works with TMobile for sure. We haven’t tried it with ting ourselves but should work if ting says they support it in general.

I kept getting all these messages Cricket about my Galaxy S7 Edge not working after the 3G shutdown. Now they have it on a list of phones that will continue to work. At least they gave me a free Galaxy A12 for my trouble.

1 Like

Hello! Not sure if it deserve a new topic;
Im in Canada, I just changed my carrier without doing my research, from Koodo to TELUS. In theory, its the same network. However, many elements semms to be similar with AT&T; the TELUS online tools to check VoLTE capabilities say that its not compatible with my 2e. Any advice?

1 Like

Welcome!

When using the 2e, do you have the capabilities? Their tool might not be reporting accurately, which I experienced with ATT and my Microsoft Lumia phones.

(sorry for the late replies). I think that I can use data and SMS on LTE, but not call. It seems that I’m not allowed to make VoLTE calls. I dont have 3g network in my house (countryside), so I’m just unable to make call or receive call here. I can call where 3G is available.

As reminder: Im in Canada with TELUS.

I chatted with TELUS support (just before my previous post), i didn’t know what was VoLTE at that time, they told me that my phone was incompatible :frowning: . And they suggested me to buy one of their phone.

1 Like

These devices are VoLTE capable, so it should be possible, but ultimately, the carrier controls all devices that connect to its network.

If you follow the guide here for enabling VoLTE, does that help any?

Teracube is not listed in their guide. There is no relevant parameter in Android. I upraded to Andoid13 beta following this post . Should I contact TELUS again and stand my ground about my device VoLTE capabilites?

TELUS is listed in the carriers in your website FAQ (in Canada). This FAQ might need to be updated also;

We are planning to release Android 11 by Fall 2021.

Best regards,
Vincent

1 Like

Hi @vincegreg1 - this seems to be a regression for Telus. Have you checked APN settings? And did Android 13 work?

We will do some research on this and post it here. Might take 1-2 weeks, though.

2 Likes

Hi Sharad,

I can’t edit my APN with my TELUS SIM card, neither with Android 13 or with my previous Android 11 version. I has been able to edit them in 2022 with my previous carrier, Koodo.

And did Android 13 work?

Android 13 generally work, but there is flaws . I am experimenting “black screen” issues multiple time per day, requiring to restart my phone (taking several minutes). If their is a guide or image to return to Android 11, I’ll take it.

Best regards,

1 Like

Try the instructions linked from this post:

Please note that both methods will fully reset the device, so please ensure your important files are backed up off the phone before starting.

Hello, do you have update about Telus in Canada? I cant use my phone [for calls] for most parts of the day, I didn’t figure out why it work sometimes.

Best regards,

1 Like