SW6 Software update available

The update went smoothly, thank you. However, I was disappointed that it didn’t update the security level from the 10/19 version it shipped with. Until this is brought up to date I cannot use this phone as a daily driver, which is a shame.

1 Like

You should include the expected Build number for the update. Other wise, how would one know if they have it or not? And putting the download behind an URL shortener is… disconcerting. It should be a direct link, it’s not like the forums are Twitter and there is a tiny message size limit.

3 Likes

Thank you - both points taken. Will add the Build number and use direct links in future.

Probably a common sense question, but I actually haven’t opened my Teracube yet - family is extremely concerned about coronavirus and want to take no chances at all but also my current is still working (for now, but I’ve been having hotspot and wifi issues in addition to battery drain and camera problems so we’ll see how long before it dies), so it’s a backup.

That being said, when I open it, would I have to download all software updates first before the latest or would it prompt me to download the latest?

We have not opened a new unit after the update ourselves. Most likely it will get you setup first with your google login, apps setup, bring your data from cloud, etc. And then the update popup should come by itself in the first 24 hours. If not, you can always start it by going to Settings > System > About > Wireless update.

A post was split to a new topic: Nav bar not hiding after software update

Oh, I meant like if say I open it for example May 2020 and there are two updates between now and May 2020, would it likely start downloading from the first of two or would it be the most recent of the two at the time? (I’m assuming it’ll have to go through both because one can’t jump around, but I can be the guinea pig and find out then. :sweat_smile:)

Hello,

I’m late to the party. I was on vacation then came back and rooted the phone. Is this a whole new image?

Will it require re-root and resetting up?

It did seem to break root. Magisk says it’s no longer installed. Is there an updated root image?

*On the plus battery is no longer always almost dead
*Android auto appears to work (just initial look)

The boot partition did not change in the SW6 update. You can use the same patched boot img referenced in Rooting [Advanced users only]

Could I also request you to do some more testing on Android auto and add your findings, versions, etc in this topic -

Is there now, or will there be full firmware packages available? To be flashed to phone with flash tool? Spft for example.

SP Flash is an advanced tool (and has the potential to erase critical areas of the phone memory). We can share the tool and firmware on a case by case basis. Please send us an email at support@myteracube.com if anyone needs it.

2 Likes

Thanks, so I restarted my phone and the wireless update for new Version Full_SW6_ota.zip file does not appear on my phone. Then when I try to connect my phone to my PC it keeps saying device is disconnected or has stopped. Can you send the wireless update to my phone ? Does the wireless update take longer to load on the phones? My settings check for updates daily, this is very inconvenient. My mother and I just received replacement phones due to manufacturer issues with screen glue, so our current versions are the old Teracube_S1_05_20191122-2407 and new version is not showing up on wireless update. We have no current solution. Thanks so much!

Hi @Shaman34 - sorry about that. Our wireless update system is down right now.

Best to download the update directly on your phone and try again.

For anyone else having problems with their brand new phone or a replacement, please read here on how to upgrade.

1 Like

I have downloaded these files and located them on my phone but need instructions to install. New to Android world.

Go to settings, system, advanced, about phone, wireless update, triple dots, local updates, browse to the downloaded firmware zip, select it, confirm and let it install.

Hi Saijin! Edit: okay I now followed these instructions and it is installing. THANK YOU. (wish my phone luck :grin: )

Since you have been so helpful - my GPS functions very poorly. I use fitness apps to track runs and the distances are extremely off. Do you know if the update will fix this or have any suggestions if it won’t?

1 Like

Not sure. I’ve found my GPS to be exceedingly good in my location. Sitting indoors on a rainy day and I’m getting just about 2m accuracy, which is great for single-band GPS.

Do you put your phone in a purse/clutch/fanny pack when you run? My wife does when we walk, and her accuracy suffers.

Perhaps try sw07 as well.

Do you live in a dense urban area? GPS multipath errors are pretty unforgiving, unfortunately.

Hi Heather - SW6 fixes lots of issues including GPS inaccuracy. Do test everything once you have SW6 going for you.

1 Like