Teracube 3e: Desired Features

Hi @spencer_silberstein - you bring some valid points. Not sure if you have installed SW16 update on your 2e - it brings the latest security updates.

Regarding Android versions, yes we are lagging behind - no questions there. However, we have spent this time building expertise related to Android updates which other manufacturers have quite a lead on. And we are making progress - noteworthy being our T1-Android10 release. And work for Android 11 has already started. You have my word - we will continue to close the gap :slight_smile:.

Regarding the retail price, our value has never been just hardware+software. We take pride in offering one of the best warranty and customer service experiences among the smartphone brands. So yes, while we may not offer the best hardware or software at a particular price point, we do hope that what we offer in addition is worth it.

7 Likes

Hereā€™s to the little fish making their way in a big pond. Well done Team Teracube. (Raises Whiskey Glass)

6 Likes

THX for your reliable support. I just updated my Teracube to Android 10. That went very quickly and didnā€™t cause any problems.
Best regards from Berlin.

2 Likes

Just received my Teracube 2e after using the Samsung S-series for the last decade and have to say Iā€™m pretty impressed. There are a few things that I would like to see though and it appears this is the place to do it:

• Wireless Charging
  • IP67 water proofing (even if it means sealing the case with screws), IP68 would be great, but IP67 is enough to run water over to clean it.

Thatā€™s it! Thereā€™s lots of chats about modularity which I think is awesome but that also comes at a cost. Itā€™s probably more cost and resource effective to make a few different models using a common frame with the features people are looking for. Just have to remember this is a sustainable device not meant to compete with the high-end devices. I would say this is exactly on par with my Galaxy S7 which I had to put down yesterday and Iā€™m excited about that. Already looking forward to the next one!

3 Likes

Hi all,

Iā€™m willing to pay iphone prices for a sustainable flagship, which means :

• cpu and ram powerful enough for 5+ years
  • software updates for as long as possible

Nice to have :

• modular parts and ethical manufacturing like Fairphone
  • large screen with 90/120 hz refresh rate
  • good camera
  • 5G, wifi 6e
  • headphone jack

Teracube, please take my money! I have the 2e and I really like it for what it is but it has whet my appetite for even more.
Keep:
2e form factor with 6.1 inch screen, removable battery, earphone jack, dual SIM and micro SD card slot.
Upgrade:
In order of importance:
Faster CPU and GPU
MUCH BETTER CAMERA AND SOFTWARE
Better speaker
Upgrade screen to OLED or at least 1080p resolution.
Make a waterproof case available.

With those upgrades in place I would happily pay twice what the 2E costs now and it would be my forever phone

1 Like

I just pre-ordered my 2e through e foundation (degoogled).
I manage a family of phones (3 kids and a spouse), I was a big fan of Windows Phone for their inexpensive model availability, very good repairability and overall less distracting model of use.
One area that could have a big impact is the case back, rather than focus on cases, that get outmoded by new models and form factors. Having case backs manufactured in similar method as the recycled plastic case might be a good thing. Send in your cracked phone back, to be ground up and used in a recycled manufacture. One big impact item is having an easily replaceable screen, many of the Windows phone models had that, and more than once I was able to replace my kids cracked screens or show them how and keep the phone operational.

1 Like

Releasing 3d printing specs/code for casebacks, and cases could make an impact and open up interest and market to the DIY community. I imagine lots of overlap with Terracube supporters/enthusiasts.

3 Likes

I canā€™t find any casesā€¦ Would love the option of a few cases/casebacks. I donā€™t have a 3D printer but would love an excuse to buy one :slight_smile:

1 Like

Itā€™s a truly love hate with them we have 2. Also you will end up spending a lot of money filament. But before u buy. Join some forums on Facebook and get an idea if this is truly u want to do. I spent 6 months before our first one.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.