Wifi keeps disconnecting

Any news on this? Waiting for ODM/MTK?

Resent the logs comparing to an Android 10 Mtk device which works fine. Will probably have to wait for another week or so for an update.

2 Likes

I’m having the same issue with my teracube on my home network. My router is a Google WiFi mesh router network running wpa2 psk.

When can we expect the fix?

We have provided the logs to Mediatek. They are still debugging the root cause. We are expecting this to be resolved within 2-3 months.

2 Likes

Could some of you (who are experiencing wifi disconnect issue) provide your Wifi MAC address - need it for debugging purpose. You can email it to support@myteracube.com. It can be found at Settings > System > About phone (3rd entry from the bottom). You can email a screenshot of that setting as well.

2 Likes

I’ve had this bug virtually disappear. I don’t know what happened but it’s gone.

Huh! Did you change any settings or upgrade nighthawk firmware?

Having this same issue on a Google Wifi mesh network with both of our Teracube devices.
Laptops and the other phones in the house have no issues.

Did nothing

Any update on this? At this point the phones are unusable at home, and that’s where we are 90% of the time.

Hi @Sean_Hull - the wifi issue with Google mesh wifi (and some other wifi routers) will most likely get fixed as part of our Android 10 update.

For the time being, I can suggest a workaround. If you have an old wifi router lying around, you can plug its “Internet” port into a google wifi free port. This way your old wifi router will provide a network of its own and the phone should have a stable connection with this old router. This is only a temporary solution but will work. Let me know if we can help with that setup.

No, I do not have an old router.

What’s the ETA on Android 10? My wife’s phone just got an update to Android 11 and you are still messing around with 10…

I just realised I never checked back here after I reported the issue.

I will send my MAC address over. Shortly after posting this issue, mine stopped having any problems until these couple of months.

I kept having to turn off my Wifi on the phone and then turn it back on. Then having to do it sometimes in the span of 30 secs. Very annoying.

I must say this is the only mobile phone I personally have had so many issues with.

The camera is not great, the microphone doesn’t work well at times especially during video calls, the reception doesn’t work as well as another mobile phone we have, tested in the same location and under the same provider. The phone also restarts itself maybe once every few weeks with no warning.

I’m based in Australia, using Arris CM8200 router with a Telstra smart modem.

A post was split to a new topic: 2e wifi disconnecting?

I am having same issue now from past 2 weeks, i have keep turn on/off my wifi to get wifi connected. If disconnect from wifi network and make is disabled. I have 3 wifi network one is netgear mess and 2 are from mototola router, all are behaving same. any help would be appreciated.

If nothing else has changed in your wifi network, then you can try the following:

1. Simple reboot
  2. Delete all wifi networks and try re-connecting one by one.
  3. In the worst case, backup and factory reset.

Tried that still same issue. i have 2 routers and both having same problem, motorola and netgear (mesh). All other device don’t drop and this phone will drop anytime. As suggested i did app reset and during reset it rebooted my phone. not sure if this going to help but will keep you posted. It sounds easy to say do factory reset, but this is real pain to restore backup and it take time, for every issue factory reset should not be solution. Don’t u think, if we are resetting phone every now and then for all issue then we are not in 21st century.

Hi @lokesh_yadav - Teracube one did have issues with a particular range of wifi routers. Since yours was working a few weeks back with the same routers, hence trying soft or full reset should ideally get it to work. Android is a complex OS and sometimes a reset is the only way to get rid of unhealthy cache and files that could be causing issues. That said, we always suggest other measures before that.

I get it every OS is complex but that doesn’t mean reset should be solution on every instance. Solution should come from build defect finding and have these defect rectified. In all of your issue on this blog i see major solution is reset, i feel something is wrong with OS build version which need a deep dive rathar asking for reset always. I have never seen any giant companies asking for reset until they are not having good feeling with issues. By the way even resetting soft or hard issue still remains same for me.