Wifi range low on a replacement unit?

I have just received a new phone because of the screen detaching on my old phone. With Android 11.
Wifi and Bluetooth range on this phone are really bad. So I figured I should install the local update again as I did on my old phone. But the link to download the zip file seems broken?

Can anybody help me with the range issues?

1 Like

Thanks for letting us know - link is fixed now.

1 Like

Thank you Sharad.

I downloaded the zip. Uploaded it to my phone, but while unpacking I get an installation error. What to do?

1 Like

Which version of the 2E did you get? Can you read off the first four characters of the serial? It should start 21xx or 20xx.

Also, what is the error? Can you screenshot it and share it with us so we can read it?

Saijin, it reads 202111.

https://i.postimg.cc/1Rj0s4VF/Screenshot-20221114-195115.png

Can you see the screenshot?

1 Like

You may not be able to install the same version over itself. I’ve just tried locally with SW16 and it will error out since the system is already on that version.

Ok, but I still have range issues similar to my first phone that were fixed with this update. How will I fix the issues now?

1 Like

Hi @Marga - can you try resetting the network settings at Settings > System > Advacned > Reset options > Reset Wifi, mobile & Bluetooth?

If that doesn’t work, try a soft reset or a full reset.

1 Like

Hi Sharad, I tried the reset WiFi and the reset app preferences option. No change in WiFi range. Which means that I can’t use WiFi in the bedroom with the router only 3 meters away in the room below.

I’m sorry, but I’m not going to do a factory reset. This is the third phone in 6 weeks time that I have installed al my apps and preferences on. It takes a heck of a long time. I just want this phone to work! Really frustrated now.

1 Like

Hi @Marga - are your other devices (including the old Teracube 2e) able to connect to the wifi properly? If yes, there is potentially an internal issue with the replacement.

1 Like

Hi Sharad, yes both our laptops and my old Teracube 2e have WiFi on the second floor.

1 Like

Sharad, is there any idea for a solution that doesn’t involve shipping my phone back?

1 Like

Hi @Marga - if you have already performed a full factory reset, then it is a hardware fault for sure. If you do go down the path of getting a new replacement, we can re-test the new replacement unit for basic sanity, including the wifi range, before we ship it to you (assuming you are in the US).

1 Like

Hello Sharad, I hope you understand my situation. I am not doing a factory reset three weeks after I spent hours installing everything on the phone. And this is the third phone I’m spending hours installing everything.

I guess I’ll take my loss. In February we change WiFi provider, I’ll see if things work better than. If not I’ll buy another brand of phone. I’ll conclude Teracube is not working for me.