[Beta 1.2] Android 10 for Teracube One

Restarts did not fix it. I factory reset, but maybe removing and reinserting SIM would have worked as stated above–I didn’t try that

I don’t know exactly what was changed in 1.2, except for the SMS fix. I’m running beta 1 (can’t install 1.2 from 1). Since installation, I have not been able to view any battery usage details. It simply says, “isn’t available”. I already have AccuBattery, so it isn’t an issue for me, but I want to make sure it’s mentioned if it’s a bug. Otherwise, I’ve had no problems.

2 Likes

Ok cool will back up my phone tomorrow I hope if time allows and install. I will duplicate my existing phone onto my tc2 se. And carry it with me incase of problems. Thanks.

1 Like

I was able to upgrade flawlessly from the first beta, didn’t lose any data or apps. I had noticed the wifi being intermittent on the first beta, and 12 hours into this beta it seems to have fixed that issue. Other thing noticed is instead of reporting LTE for my mobile signal, it’s only 4G now. I still have signal, removed the SIM and re-inserted with no change. Everything still works though! This is on T-Mobile in the USA.
Only other thing noticed is that text message notifications will disappear from the lock screen occasionally. I use textra as my texting app, never had a problem with it before, and other notifications seem to be unaffected. :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

4G is same as LTE :slight_smile: . Dev team will change the icon though.

3 Likes

I experienced the same thing with my SIM card, but I had to reseat it twice before the phone would read it.

I see that there’s a date/time bar on top and the Google search bar is on the bottom. It looks like these can’t be removed with the current build, or I missed something.

I’d like to be able to remove those two widgets to get more screen real estate.

Another issue - when I start Pokemon Go, it prompts to install a new version of ARCore.

However, when it goes to the Play Store and tries to upgrade “Google Play Services for AR”, I get an alert stating that the app isn’t compatible with your device anymore. :frowning:

I’m guessing it’s because the beta isn’t certified by Google?

1 Like

Does anybody have issues with the screen locking during a phone call, can’t be turned on unless the phone call is directed to a Bluetooth connection, headphones or car?

Thanks

Have had, yeah. Seemed to be occurring more frequently after a Google Phone update. It has been mostly behaving for the past few days for me.

1 Like

If it’s still behaving that way after a reboot, then could you try these steps -

I’ve noticed a couple of things I would like to note- both positive and negative- about the update so far.

First, Bluetooth connection overall seems to have improved from Android 9, with fewer drops and stutters. (I use Pixel Buds wireless earbuds). When I first updated I also noticed that the sound was not syncing correctly when I was watching Youtube, but it seems to be working now.

The launcher also is freezing/stopping much less often than it did on Android 9. Sometimes it still crashes when I use gesture navigation to close Netflix, but it doesn’t freeze at all and I am able to return to the home screen with no issues immediately after.

One negative is that I cannot currently use Google Pay for NFC payments, but that is because the software isn’t fully finished and certified yet, so that wasn’t a surprise.

The LED is now solid green while charging as long as the battery is above 15%. While this isn’t a big deal, it would be nice if it was somehow distinguished from the same solid LED when the battery is full. Whether that means letting us customize the color, or having it blink while charging and be solid when charged it would be very nice to be able to tell at a glance if the phone is charging or charged

I have a permanent “Customize your Pixel” message at the top of my settings menu. If I press on it I am directed to change my wallpaper, then nothing else. The message stays no matter what.

I have 2 clock apps now for some reason. One that seems to be the same app from Android 9, and another one that also seems to be an included app, but has slightly different features. (no bedtime settings).

I also like the option for full gesture navigation that comes with Android 10. It is very nice to use! I think those are all of the things i’ve noticed so far, and thats all the feedback I have. You’re doing great work Sharad! Thanks to you and your team for all the hard work and great effort!

5 Likes

The upgrade itself went smoothly without any issues.

After rebooting, for each notification where I had set a custom mp3 file as the notification, those were all set to some 4 digit nonsense number and did not play a sound.

After a week or so, I went opened the apps screen, I was greeted with a “Customize your Pixel” notice. I don’t own a Pixel. :slight_smile:

The spinning cube on boot should be changed. It’s a bit too much and looks too much like a tech demo. The slowly pulsing leaf was perfect. You should bring that back or do something that is similarly subtle.

Bluetooth

• I connected to multiple devices cars, headsets, computers, etc.
  • Connection stability improved. I used to get shaky BT connections at times with garbled audio. That seems to be better now.
  • Bug: Whenever I turn off a Bluetooth device while the audio is playing, the audio will start playing through the phone’s speaker for about a second before pausing as it should. In Android 9, the audio would quietly pause. This is very bad if I’m using headphones, because I typically use a headset to avoid disturbing others around me.
1 Like

Some underlying databases changed while moving from A9 to A10. Is this custom notification sound feature present in new A10? If yes, could you disable all your old settings and enable them again?

Yes - known issue for the Beta. Should go away when we get the build certified.

Good to get feedback on that. We can decide between the two once more users chime in :slight_smile:.

Opening a bug for this. As a workaround till we fix this, you can pause the music on the phone before powering off the speaker/headphones.

Lots of underlying databases changed while moving from A9 to A10. Is this custom notification sound feature present in new A10? If yes, could you disable all your old settings and enable them again?

Yes, I changed the notification sound back to the custom sound and everything worked well again. Not a big deal, but thought you’d like to know about small stuff like this.

Opening a bug for this. As a workaround till we fix this, you can pause the music on the phone before powering off the speaker/headphones.

Yep, I’m already trained. :slight_smile: Again no big deal.

I’ve been messing around with Wi-Fi calling and there were some call quality issues. That could easily be my ISP. I’ll try to remember to double-check it and post again.

Great job with the beta!

1 Like

Good Morning. What’s the current beta build number? Trying to make sure I don’t try install the improper build. Thanks.

1 Like

We are waiting to hear from the lab in order to release the final build. Till then Beta 1.2 is the one to install. They are virtually the same and you will be able to upgrade seamlessly from Beta 1.2 to final.

1 Like

Glad I looked. 1.2 is already what I have installed :grinning:

The download link with the zip file is expired by the way.

Hi @Swingball_Fairweight - the Beta link has been fixed now. Also note, that the stable certified build is on a different page below: