[Beta] EEA 2 (SW16 - EU) for Teracube 2e

We have posted a new build to debug and fix the issue. Please find it here:
https://community.myteracube.com/t/beta-debug-eea-2-open-test-sw16-eu-for-teracube-2e/2762

Old post

** Warning **

1. Please backup your data before proceeding.
  2. Not for the faint hearted. This is Beta software. If something goes wrong, you might lose your data and might have to re-flash EEA 1 (SW6 - EU) using SP Flash software.
  3. Few apps might not be available in the App store like Netflix, Disney+ (this is due to the build not yet certified by Google).

Following the release of Teracube 2e’s SW16 build, this update should bring the fixes and goodies of SW16 to EU users. As mentioned earlier, this update is not GMS certified yet.

Changelog

1. May 2021 Security updates
  2. Bluetooth streaming/range issue improved.
  3. Blue photos under flash fixed.
  4. Notification shade dropdown issue fixed.

Note : This upgrade is only for EU users. It can be installed on top of any prior stock firmwares (Eg. EEA 1 firmware).

Steps

1. Download the upgrade zip file from the link below, directly on the phone (or transfer the zip to the phone). Note - its a big file.
  2. Goto Settings > System > Teracube Updater
  3. Click top-right 3 dots > Local update
  4. Tap “Internal storage” and browse to Downloads or wherever you transferred/downloaded the update zip file.
    Note 1 : If Internal storage does not show anything, then reboot the phone.
    Note 2 : Do not download the update to SD card.
  5. Select the file and continue the update process.
  6. It will take a while. The phone will power off and restart by itself. Don’t press power button.

Download: [Removed while we fix the roaming issue]

Let us know how it went and post your questions/feedback here.

If you experience any errors/issues, you can flash EEA 1 (original firmware) using these instructions

When do you plan the official FOTA release for EU?

We were waiting for few users to install and give feedback. We will apply for certification by July 26-28 and expect it to be completed by Aug 5-10.

Just installed and the UI is showing no service instead of the carrier name. Internet works fine though, calling as well. It also shows the roaming icon even though I’m at home.

Might ask you to help with the logs. Checking with the team first.

Hi @carepackage17 - could you take logs and share via email?

Beta installed today.

Hi @Pastis - welcome to Teracube forums. Could you share if everything is working correctly?

Up to now only google pay is not working anymore :worried:
Would be good to solve it quickly.
If something else will come up I will reply.

I got the following link to open in the google pay app for additional information.
https://support.google.com/pay/answer/7643995?p=pay-device_cant_pay_instore&visit_id=637021808086293496-224974658&rd=1&hl=en

1 Like

Google Pay not working is “normal” as of now. It is because the build is undergoing certification, and it will start working as soon as certification is done :slight_smile: Let us know if you face any other strange issues.

2 Likes

Unfortunately, I didn’t read the disclaimer and warning exactly enough and didn’t realize it is relevant for Google Pay.
I just wanted to help by using a beta version. Next time I will wait until the final candidate is released.

1 Like

I detected now network issue.
I have to select roaming even in my home network. And in the selection is more for us citizens.

Thanks for the screenshot. This is helpful. Yes - it does seem some US AT&T settings have creeped in.

However, I’m guessing that your usage or billing might continue to be normal? Can you check with your carrier if your billing will be regular?

The reason I ask is because we might take some time to fix this issue.

1 Like

I checked online my data usage and everything is ok.
But to be sure, I try to be always in manual selection of the carrier. Like this, I can avoid being switched to another carrier and pay for roaming.
As you might know, not all countries in Europe are providing roaming without extra cost.
In my case, I have a carrier from Switzerland, and I’m living at the boarder to Austria and Germany. If it switches to a carrier from these countries, I will pay high roaming taxes. To avoid this, it is very useful to block roaming. The second option is to select always manually the carrier.

https://fiber.salt.ch/en/options-services/roaming-management

1 Like

We are looking into this issue. Meanwhile, if it makes sense for you, please revert back to EEA1 using SP Flash.

1 Like

Thanks for your feedback, taking in account my feedback. I can handle the roaming topic and the Google Pay topic for the next few weeks. I will inform you if I see other points not working as usual or expected. Thanks.

1 Like

I just noticed the sound recorder app is gone and I don’t remember deleting it. Could it be a side effect of the update?

1 Like

Raised an internal ticket for this. Potentially missed out in the update.

1 Like

We were waiting for few users to install and give feedback. We will apply for certification by July 26-28 and expect it to be completed by Aug 5-10.

Any news about the release date.

2 Likes

We are running behind on those dates - team is currently fixing the “Roaming” bug that shows the roaming icon for some EU/International carriers. I’ll check and report back.

1 Like