[Certified] Android 11.0.4 for Teracube 2e 1st batch (SN: 2020)

@mastershake : See comment 2 or 3 lines above from Sharad. (Aug 22nd)

Both known issues have been fixed and the 11.0.4 link is live again. Please proceed to download and install.

1 Like

I was updating from 11.0.2 in Germany and it works perfectly! (I restarted my phone bevore updating.)
All small issues where gone and my missed features (battery load to 80% only, better symbols in upper tray etc.) are working like before in Android 10.
The discussed issues are n/a for me. So its fine. :slight_smile:
But I am a bit disappointed, that the security updates are from end of last year und the google ones from april 2022. That could be better…

1 Like

Ok updated and all is well and has been a few days. Thanks

Hi all! Phone seems a bit slow after the update to 11.0.4 (5th iteration), but after a while (1 reboot made) the speed is okay, camera app is different (why?), also Android security update is way outdated. Otherwise, it seems like a solid update, thanks Teracube team!

1 Like

Yes - this is the new app we launched sometime back. Much faster and menu options are also laid out better than our original app.

First update attempt seems to have not been entirely successful. Somewhat over 30 minutes at the upgrade spin after reboot, then into a “unable to load system” recovery screen. Fortunately, telling it to try again DID boot to system, and I’m back into my phone… still on 11.0.2+b1a2332.user though. I’ll try again when I have 45-90 minutes to burn. Might be a day or three though.

5G works here. (Unifi Accesspoint)

So is this still in beta or good for general population download?

11.0.4 update is stable and good for the general population globally.

I’m waiting for a stable release to be pushed over the air.

With 3 more flashes (total of four) I’m on 11.0.4 now without losing any data from 11.0.2 where I’d been. Yay.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Battery consumption on 11.0.4 (Zirconia)

Interesting. In 11.0.4 Duraspeed is back, and Live Wallpaper is broken again. Feels a lot like being back on 10.

1 Like

3 posts were split to a new topic: EU SIM card issue on 11.0.4?

I haven’t tried 11.0.4 yet, but when I tried the new camera in 11.0.2 I noticed that a few features were missing (namely wide angle and QR code support) - were these added in?

Been on 11.0.4 a few days and things seem to be alright but have noticed these issues:
–I am not getting normal notifications for most apps (daily reminder for duolingo or fiton for example), and fewer notifications in general for others.
–I am STILL having the blink light issue, even though it is supposed to have been fixed. I have it turned off and when I first turned it off right after updating it stayed off for a little while but then came right back on, even when I have no notifications and full battery, it is blinking always, except now it kind of fades in and out rather than straight blink on and off
–I don’t love the new camera app. Before updating I kept both Teracube versions on my phone; while the original was very buggy, it did seem to take better quality photos in general, so I’m a little bummed that my photos just aren’t as good now. May need to switch to one of the other outside apps that people have suggested in the past.
Edit*: I’ll add that a lot of calls seem abnormally loud now. Even at the lowest volume it is sometimes bothersome and I go to turn it down to find that I’m already as low as it will go. And no, it’s not just loud people I’m talking to, I only talk to one or two of the same people frequently on the phone.

Just my early thoughts. Would be interested to see if other people are experiencing similar things as well.

Regarding Duolingo and Fiton and the other notifications, make sure you open Duraspeed from the bottom of Settings and allow any app for which you want background access. Note that under Android 10, Duraspeed had a bug where even it can’t be fully disabled. If you don’t like it, the closest you can do is to enable Duraspeed, choose Turn on all in the corner hamburger, disable Duraspeed.

Regarding the notification light, disabling “Blink light” does seem to remove that light. Also, "Don’t blink light’ in the Custom restrictions for DND mode. It doesn’t seem to be possible to disable the light for charging though, so it still needs to be face down when I’m trying to sleep.

Yeah mine still blinks even with both settings done that you mentioned.
Thanks for the tip on Duraspeed. I didn’t quite understand what it was when I was re-exploring settings after the update, but I’ve turned most apps on in it now.

Does anyone know? I think it was also missing the Panoramic feature… would love to upgrade, but don’t want to limit myself.

@Sharad?