[ Information ] Carrier Support

Because LTE is now ubiquitous, support by a carrier for a particular phone is now generally an issue of either policy, or band support.

The bands supported by the 2e are:

LTE (4G) 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 7 / 12 / 17 / 20
GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
3G B1 / B2 / B4 / B5 / B8

The bands supported by the 2e should allow it to operate on all US carriers, but some carriers have additional policies in place that require phones to be “whitelisted” for use, either on their network, or with specific features of their network, like VoLTE.

In the US, the carriers below are known to work:

• T-Mobile
  • Metro by T-Mobile
  • AT&T
  • Simple Mobile
  • Speedtalk Mobile
  • Ultra Mobile
  • Red Pocket Mobile
  • Ting, Tempo
  • Walmart Family Mobile
  • Pure TalkUSA
  • Straight Talk
  • Tello

@robert

Thanks for this info. I am in the US and super happy to have learned of teracube (direct to consumer without any BS from carriers and hardware manufacturers). I am with TMobile and it LOOKS like support for TMobile’s 4G bands 77 and 66 are missing. I am often in more rural areas and this makes me wonder if teracube will still function well when I am in these areas. Can you provide any insight?

It might depend on how TMobile has done band allocation in your area. Band 66 is a superset of Band 4 which is supported. However we don’t have 71. Feel free to test it out and let us know. You can always return it with free shipping within 30 days.

Do you know how this works with a superset? How does band 66 differ from 4 then? Why does it exist and what implications are there with a modem not supporting it? Thanks for your reply.

Each LTE Band is a set of frequencies. Band 66 includes Band 4’s frequencies and some more. Implications for having band 4 and not band 66 is that certain area could use one of the non-common frequency and phone will not be able to connect to it. Though this is rare most likely as Bands 2,4 and 12 are the most common bands for TMobile.

1 Like

I am almost there. I don’t run any Googled AOSP ROMs so once I can flash /e/ or LOS+microg with all sensors functioning (looks like Bluetooth is still not there), I’m in.

Hello!

Just wanted to chime in and say that Tello has been working fine for me the past three months on Teracube 2e.

1 Like