Update (Feb 20, 2020): A software update to fix most of these issues is now available. Please visit this post to get details on how to install.
We have identified a major software bug that is causing several symptoms:
- Unusually high battery drain (5-7% per hour in standby as compared to expected < 1-2%/hr)
- Fingerprint and touch screen do not respond sometimes.
- Face unlock does not work.
- Choppy Bluetooth connection.
- Out of sync clock.
- Overall buggy behavior in usage.
It is being caused by a runaway thread in the background. We have a working fix that has been tested. The fix will take some time to release though as corona virus is making it difficult to work with Mediatek. We are expecting to have it out within 2-3 weeks if not sooner.