Teracube 2e APN settings: MMS 🇨🇦

Teracube 2e was bought from another country and it isn’t a phone carrier certified device.
Folks in :canada: be aware of some phone carrier’s upcoming changes

@Sharad @Saijin_Naib

1 Like

Thanks! I’ll upstream this to the team to look at.

1 Like

Thank you.

1 Like

Today, my SIM card isn’t recognized in Teracube 2e. Switched SIM card to older Android and it works. Talked to carrier briefly, and was informed the recent Messaging changes may well be the reason Picture and Group Messaging changes for select customers | Koodo Mobile. It is also noted that e/os updated yesterday & unsure if latest update has anything to do with this matter? No SIM after 1.17 update - Murena - /e/OS community Please advise how to return to Android from e/os since it seems this could be the issue?
Today, I’ll go to the carrier store in person to verify & confirm.
Please look into this issue and certify Teracube phones with :canada: carriers. Thank you.
Could someone provide a list of :canada: carriers where Teracube 2e works, please? I like this phone & e/os & support sustainability.
Thanks again

1 Like

It looks like the /e/OS release for v1.17 might be a bit problematic for a few devices.

If you put the APN Settings in from the link you posted from Koodoo, does connectivity return?

Not sure I could do it because no SIM, no APN settings? Thanks
I really support Teracube 2e & e/os but I can’t have such glitches.

1 Like

It looks like /e/OS are tracking a few issues with the 2e:

If you have not given feedback on the v1.17 Release Thread that Manoj oversees, perhaps filing an issue on the appropriate Zirconia/Emerald tracker would also be a great way to help the dev team get to fixing the issue.

1 Like

Sorry to read about e/os difficulties with Teracube 2e.Looks like I need to return to Android. Please advise how to revert back to Android from e/os. Thank you. @sharad @Saijin_Naib

1 Like

Will try to roll-back to stock rom Info about Teracube Teracube 2e (2021) - emerald

1 Like

You can always use this method:

Or you can use the SPFlash method, as well.

1 Like

Thank you, I’ll give it a go this weekend.

1 Like

Thanks. I’ll need some help with it and sent a message to Teracube.
@Saijin_Naib @Sharad
Later -maybe I got it! Hooray! :relaxed::v: I can’t seem to update to Android 13 or even 12.1? Please advise. Thanks again.

1 Like

You will need to follow the instructions here:

Bear in mind 12.x and 13.x releases are currently Beta releases, though 13 Beta 2 has a number of connectivity fixes you may benefit from with your carrier.

1 Like

Teracube updater doesn’t seem to work? Downloaded file, pressed ok to update, then nothing happens? Please advise. Thanks again

1 Like

Try the SPFlash method, then. It is a bit more robust, but a bit more clicking around.

1 Like

Thank you. :pray: But managed to install it after a re boot. Thanks again for the advice & support. Look forward to using Android 13 on Teracube 2e!

1 Like

I use Public Mobile (owned and operated by Telus - but significantly cheaper). Do I use the same APN settings as Telus?

1 Like

Am not sure.Thisis something you need to ask the carrier or Public Mobile community.Beztofluck!

1 Like

What To Do After Setting Up Your Subscription | Help Articles | Public Mobile

This page says to go to https://apn-canada.gishan.net/ and tell it that you have a Public Mobile device, and it should give you the correct settings.

1 Like

Another Canadian customer here - Android-only, so no e/os datapoints…

I’ve been with Virgin for years - and the switch to a second-hand Teracube last fall was seamless. (Bell’s network - but honestly, I’m in BC, so more Telus than Bell infrastructure)

Maggie in BC

2 Likes