Teracube One Android 10 updates

Hi Sharad,

I have been playing with mine to try and narrow down my DND no notification for people. I have the latest update. I have narrowed down some of my notification issues to custom ringtones, especially phone calls when dnd is on. Eg my wife’s howl ringtone works for text but not phone calls. Not sure if this is the same issue but wondering if they maybe related?

1 Like

Not sure on that. How have you set custom ringtones? Is it possible to revert to simple ringtone setup and try again?

1 Like

Hi Sharad,

Will double check the phone calls but I think I did get it to work with the stock ring tones. Sorry so much going on and I didn’t write down as I normally do. Will redo the testing tonight. With steps used to add it.

Dylan

1 Like

I have 10.0.1

ok - I would suggest continue to monitor this. If there is something which is unique to our phone or build, then let us know.

1 Like

Hi All,

There is a newer 10.0.2 build out. Fixes wifi calling, AT&T and few other carrier related things. Check it out.

If everything looks good, we will roll it out OTA to all Android 9 users. Would love for some of you to try it out.

1 Like

So far so good for me locally. Fixed an issue that made our phones display “Emergency Calls Only”, despite actually working just fine.

And, much to my surprise and delight, Battery Life history has returned in this build!

It has fixed my black screen of death for phone calls, though needed the factory reset and not sure which trick to unstick the proximity sensor from build 10.1.1 but I did a number of restarts so that may have been part of it. I did have one day of issues with mobile data not connecting a few times but turning off the mobile data for a count of 3 and turned back on seems to be ok now. Battery life seems about the same as when I had android 9. Keeping an eye on the mobile data but only happened the one day and I was having a really bad day. LoL.

1 Like

Android 10 Official OTA… So let me be the first D-Bag to ask some obvious questions…

Android 12 is in final beta elsewhere, are we every going to see this on Teracube 1? At the very least 11?

What can we expect time frame … Seeing how far off the mark Teracube was one Android 10, I think we (the users / customers / community) should have get a reference point to when things should happen.

Teracube One will get Android 11 and 12 - both in sequence. Current plan is to have Android 11 Beta in 2-3 months timeframe followed by testing and final release. Internal work for Android 11 has already started. I agree - we are running quite behind with the Android versions. We will continue to shorten the time between releases and hopefully catch up with base Android versions in 1-2 years.

6 Likes

Some rather impatient people around reading this thread. I just did the over the air upgrade to android 10. And so far it has been nice. No problems, actually rather quick in terms of upgrades i’ve had seen in prior phones and versions of android. I will say that the camera app not having a pandoramic feature is a bit sad, but I suppose I can live with that until the next update to 11.

People forget Teracube is not a sumsung or apple with teams up on teams to get the job done quickly. But for the team they had, and the pandemic at hand, I think they did pretty decently.

Looking forward to seeing the learning curve drop off from lessons learned from android 10 rollout to see an even smoother android 11 rollout.

3 Likes

Has anyone done the upgrade 10.0.2 that was already on 10 and didn’t have to do a factory reset? I really want to avoid the factory reset but I also would like to get to the latest version. My phone is getting very laggy and slow. Hoping the latest upgrade would fix this.

@Sharad any update on when 10.0.2 is going to be packaged so it can be pushed out to phones? The post you linked above mentions that the pushed update wouldn’t require a factory reset.

10.0.2 is being pushed to users who were still on Android 9. However Alpha and 10.0.x users might need a reset going to 10.0.2 (Hence we haven’t made this an automatic upgrade).

Downloading from forums vs getting it via the OTA app does not make a difference.

1 Like

Looking at the post on 10.0.2 I suppose what I probably should have asked is any update on 10.1.0? Trying to avoid a factory reset but also don’t want to wait months so trying to weigh my decision.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: T1 - bad cellular signal?

The experiment is over for me, I ordered a new phone yesterday. It was fun for the most part but I just couldn’t deal with the downfalls anymore. My phone has gotten increasingly laggy lately, most of the time to the point where it won’t respond so I have to do a hard restart every couple of days. I paired my frustration with the realization that I would like a 5G phone since I get 5G for free and did simultaneous speed test with my wife’s 5G phone. I was getting 4MB download and she was getting 20MB+. Even if all the bugs get resolved, the upgrades start flowing in, at no fault to T1, it will never be 5G so I decided it was time to make a switch. Good luck on the rest of the adventure everyone, I do truly hope the future is bright for Teracube and it’s user base. Godspeed!

5 Likes

@Sharad Any updates on the progress? :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

All I’ll say is this :slight_smile: (work in progress)

4 Likes

Oh snap! What a tease! Looking forward to it. :grin:

1 Like

I couldn’t hold showing it off :grin:. However, the Devs won’t be happy since it’s still early days and a lot more work needs to be put in for porting kernel and other stuff.

3 Likes