Teracube One Android 10 updates

Looking at the post on 10.0.2 I suppose what I probably should have asked is any update on 10.1.0? Trying to avoid a factory reset but also don’t want to wait months so trying to weigh my decision.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: T1 - bad cellular signal?

The experiment is over for me, I ordered a new phone yesterday. It was fun for the most part but I just couldn’t deal with the downfalls anymore. My phone has gotten increasingly laggy lately, most of the time to the point where it won’t respond so I have to do a hard restart every couple of days. I paired my frustration with the realization that I would like a 5G phone since I get 5G for free and did simultaneous speed test with my wife’s 5G phone. I was getting 4MB download and she was getting 20MB+. Even if all the bugs get resolved, the upgrades start flowing in, at no fault to T1, it will never be 5G so I decided it was time to make a switch. Good luck on the rest of the adventure everyone, I do truly hope the future is bright for Teracube and it’s user base. Godspeed!

5 Likes

@Sharad Any updates on the progress? :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

All I’ll say is this :slight_smile: (work in progress)

4 Likes

Oh snap! What a tease! Looking forward to it. :grin:

1 Like

I couldn’t hold showing it off :grin:. However, the Devs won’t be happy since it’s still early days and a lot more work needs to be put in for porting kernel and other stuff.

3 Likes

Yeah, I’m happy that you shared! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Sweet!

Are we still joining the 2E and One kernel and device trees?

Sort of, yes; T2e is added up to the unified BSP project, but those builds may appear much later.
T1 will be upgraded to Linux 4.14 for A12.

4 Likes

Fantastic work! I know that is not easy.

How does viability of going to 5.4LTS and beyond looking? From what I understand, we need that for Android 12+.

1 Like

I have had a T1 phone since the very earliest of its availability. I use AT&T, and the T1 works fine.

When I got my T1, I ordered 2 of them as I thought my wife might want to switch to it. She did not. She continued to use her 4-5 year old Nexus 6P. Then late last year AT&T informed her that they were blocking her phone because after the 3G shutdown, it would no longer work. At that point (maybe 6 months ago), she took up the T1 and it works fine for her as well.

One odd thing happened that I do not quite understand. A couple of months ago I received notice of the Android 10 upgrade, and it duly happened. My wife never got a notice nor did she get an upgrade. Perhaps there is some kind of registration needed with Teracube that she did not go through.

I am pretty annoyed that since the T2e came out, the T1 is getting ignored. I want something with 5G capability, and soon.

Hi @geezernerd - we are working on Android 12 for T1 and should have the Beta release soon. Ideally we pushed the Android 10 update to all T1 phones. You can do one of 2 things on her phone:

1. Go to Settings > System > Advanced > About Phone > Wireless update and see if it shows you update available. If yes, you can install it from there.
  2. Or manually install the update (instructions).
5 Likes

How soon is soon!?
The post was back in April and now we’re already in September and we’re still on Android 10!

2 Likes

I would like to see a software update (Android 12+) as well. At this point, having the stock android 10 with no updates means security bugs that can make the phones vulnerable to hacking attempts.

Looking forward to another version of Android OR a way to do it ourselves. I would like to know that the software will actually get 4 years worth of updates before I invest in a Terracube 2. The whole reason I got the T1 phone was to keep a phone for 4 years with full support (and repairability).

1 Like

@Sharad I am highly disappointed with the lack of T1 updates. I use it often as a backup but can’t use for work stuff due to lack of security updates.

1 Like