[Beta] Android 13 for Teracube 2e

Download folder shows 13.0.0+e8od34a zirconia, updater shows it as 12.1 file, did not update until this problem is clear up​:thinking::grin:

2 Likes

Update: Zirconia is back with a note.

Yes - Zirconia upgrade is broken. Will provide updated Zirconia instructions soon. Changing the OP.

2 Likes

Thankyou for latest Android 13 on my 2e it should give new life to this phone
@Sharad however I live in countryside and vowifi feature is must for me i loose connectivity with my sim network thus i use vowifi feature, since purchased i’m on Android 10 version 06 can we expect fix soon for this?

Thanks to your efforts & to keep longevity of 2e

1 Like

I’m still too scared to update and lose all my data since Teracube is my main phone and even a day without it would cause troubles, do you think a stable non-beta Android 13 release will happen before 2024? I’m also worried about security updates…

1 Like

Yes - work is in progress on that. Will update back soon.

4 Likes

Zirconia Android 12.1 users (SN:2020)

1. Please download and install this Updater apk. [This fixes a bug in the 12.1 updater]

2. Now follow the regular instructions for Zirconia.

3 Likes

@GMark and @ron77 - Zirconia update is back. If you are on Android 12.1, then you need to install an apk first to fix the updater. Read the above post.

2 Likes

Emerald did the upgrade from stock Android 11 to Android 13 Beta without issue.
Zirconia did the upgrade from stock Android 12.1 (with updated Upater APK fix) without issue.

Of note, QuickStep customization was lost (but we were made aware of this).

Database migration for Phone/Messaging seems to have gone over fine, and all apps are working fine after, and some even have updates that were held (I guess some updates are only valid for Android 12+).

Passmark Performance Test Android
Emerald (Android 13):
System: 3,663
CPU: 1,923
Memory: 5,266
Disk: 30,302
2D Graphics: 6,215
3D Graphics: 2,926
Baseline: 8065721

Zirconia (Android 13):
System: 3,717
CPU: 1,984
Memory: 5,280
Disk: 26,203
2D Graphics: 6,040
3D Graphics: 2,766
Baseline: 8065722

1 Like

Hmm was running android beta 13 for about 14 hours before phone when into recovery mode. Stated system corrupted do a factory reset. Will do a update later :confused::yum:

1 Like

Was able to get micro SD card Data saved :grinning::+1:t5:

1 Like

That’s really unfortunate!

What version did you update from?

Have you had any issues prior?

No problem before today, running ziconia final beta 12.1 to 13 Beta. Also updated the updater before APK fix

1 Like

with APK Fix first

1 Like

So back from a system reset booted into: running 13.0.0.dfea79b zirconia, android security update:7/5/23, Google play system update 8/1/22. Phone fm radio app back but not working, everything else seems to be working :face_with_monocle::yum:

3 Likes

The Updater update did the trick. I initially tried to do the local update which failed but when I restarted the phone, the update succeeded. It looks pretty good so far. :+1:

3 Likes

Zirconia update went well along with the Updater fix. I will post if I find any bugs, but so far it works smooth. Thanks again!

3 Likes

Dear team, thank you for the constant work on the software. The long wait for updates was worth it. The updates to 11.0.4 to 12.1 and now to 13 went without issues. My Teracube 2e (zirconia, 1st batch 2020) works very smooth. The only downer is the still not working fm radio.

Keep up the good work!

3 Likes

@Sharad Any update on vowifi feature on Teracube 2e 2020 version, i urgently require it as i have low coverage with sim network & hence i use vowifi feature, it was working seamlessly on Android 10 version 06, but does not connect now.

1 Like

There are a number of VoWifi fixes in the upcoming Android 13 stable release that should hopefully help your situation.

Relase time isn’t certain at the moment as the build is still undergoing testing and certification.

3 Likes