[Certified] SW update - 10.0.1 for Teracube one

Update: There is a new 10.0.2 build-out.

We have a new bug fix update for T1. This build fixes the following over 10.0.0

1. Cellular signal strength now shows the same as Android 9.
  2. Settings suggestions can be dismissed.
  3. Double tap to sleep works.
  4. Wifi calling does not work - we are working on a fix.

Steps

1. Download the upgrade zip file directly on the phone (or transfer the zip to the phone).
  2. Path to the update utility depends on your OS

Android 9 users
2.1 Goto Settings > System > About phone > Wireless Update
2.2 Click top-right 3 dots > Local updates

Android 10 (Beta and 10.0.0) users
2.1 Goto Settings > System > Advanced > Teracube updater
2.2 Tap top-right 3 dots > Local update

1. Tap “Internal storage” and browse to Downloads or wherever you transferred/downloaded the update zip file.
    Note 1 : If Internal storage does not show anything, then reboot the phone.
    Note 2 : Do not download the update to SD card.
  2. Select the file and continue the update process.
  3. Phone will power off and restart by itself. Don’t press power button.

Let us know how it went and post your questions/feedback here.

2 Likes

Hooray, tap to sleep. :blush: Many thanks. I’ll keep an eye on my signal strength.

1 Like

Update complete and seems to be running strong. T1 is still rock solid.

I don’t see an improvement with the tap to sleep. Previously, I could tap to sleep on any home screen and the phone would sleep and it does so now. What I could not do was to tap to sleep on the lock screen and that is still the same. Being able to tap to wake/sleep on the lock screen is what I miss. That was so convenient to check messages, the time, etc without picking up the phone. Are others able to have tap to sleep from the lock screen working?

10.0.1 fixes tap to sleep in the default launcher (was broken in 10.0.0). I can confirm that the double tap to sleep does not work on the lock screen. Was that working on Android 9 or have you used it on other phones?

It was in 8 but missing from 9. I was hoping it would make a return in 10 but no such luck. I think it was implemented on some Samsung phones with 10. I also think there some launchers that may have it, so I will need to do some looking around. It was such a useful little function, a shame it is not a part of standard Android anymore.

Ok so I really hate the Google search bar at the bottom. I was wondering does the European version have that removed? If so can I get the European version of the update to "test’ lol.

I included a screenshot to show what I mean. I never use that google search and it’s always in my way as I bump it in error sometimes.

Thank you for your time
D.

Was thinking I’d see an update in the wireless updates app. Will download this zip and update from Android 9

1 Like

Aaaaand I may have bricked my device because I forgot TWRP was installed

reflashed default recovery image, rebooted once got android droid error, rebooted again and got password prompt. did not update. now going to update according the original post’s instructions lol

Booting now, boot logo is just spinning [3:30pm pst]

And we are good, ty for update :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is using a different launcher an option for you? Here are few suggestions - Lawnchair 2 (open source) , Nova or Microsoft launcher. (All available on play store)

I’ll ask team if we can make the search bar placement customizable.

3 Likes

Can we enable gestures for third party launchers? Nova’s beta says we have to contact OEMs about enabling it. https://www.xda-developers.com/third-party-launchers-animation-pixel-phones/

Also: Lawnchair 2 stopped development didn’t it?

1 Like

@Sharad I can check but last I checked a few years ago when had pixel xl google forced the launchers to have the search bar at the bottom. I can ignore it if that’s still the case, all good. You guys have done amazing and there are far more important items for you all to worry about.

2 Likes

Lawnchair’s version naming convention has changed. v2 (Android 10 target) is now called Lawnchair 10. Lawnchair is in active development now, and available on GitHub.

Regarding gestures, Nova’s claim of asking OEMs to “add support” is only partly true. The Android launcher has many more privileged components and serves parts of SystemUI now, which is what let’s it do gestures seamlessly (Quickstep). Allowing any Launcher hook into a process such as SystemUI could be a security concern and thus not part of the Android specification.
It is however possible to get full screen gestures with root access, have a look at QuickSwitch.
Google has since added support for full-screen gestures on third-party launchers on a few Android 10 tags, but is pretty janky compared to setting another recents provider (such as via QuickSwitch).

3 Likes

Oh nice! I liked lawnchair but didn’t see the unstable releases that’s great!

Went off without hitch, I hope future updates are not as long a wait, for both versions of teracube phones as I have both.

2 Likes